becoming a iCracked iTech worth it?

dude1

Reaction score
I'm completely new to iPhone repair but I want to get into the business as i get atleast one request per week because people tend to assume a break fix tech can do everything not just pc’s.

I'm wondering if I should go with iCracked, I hear they're more expensive but they do offer training/certification and a warranty on the work you do or would the money would be better spent on more product from potentially cheaper sources which would offset any potentially defective products

on the flip side I do tend to be nervous with new endeavors so im thinking iCracked might be good for me to go with being that its more structured.
I just don't want to wake up a month from now regretting my choice because I could've gone on my own and been further ahead.

I live in a little ski resort town near some other similarly small towns on the bright side I get a lot of people asking about phone repairs, and I would be the only one in the area doing them (although i hear my competition is considering it) so that's a plus but being a more rural area I doubt I'll be getting a lot of customers referred from the iCracked app.

I know the training probably doesn't mean much, I mean between YouTube and iFixit's guides it is probably about the same

but I figure I might as well ask other people that I've dealt with this

You'd be paying icracked for the privilege of competing with anyone else in the area, now and in the future. I don't like that business model.

Plus you have to buy their overpriced parts. Not worth it. Sign up with etechparts.com then when you start doing enough volume you can start buying direct. I was in your shoes last year now we are doing about 50 phones and 15 iPads a month. I do have a storefront though.

i doslike them... but for the reason that they wouldn't allow us to be a vendor for them because we are retail.... so instead i crush their local guy on pricing turnaround and inventory... plus who wants a mobile repair technician who only does 1 line of devices... i don't get it.

I'm completely new to iPhone repair but I want to get into the business as i get atleast one request per week because people tend to assume a break fix tech can do everything not just pc’s.

I'm wondering if I should go with iCracked, I hear they're more expensive but they do offer training/certification and a warranty on the work you do or would the money would be better spent on more product from potentially cheaper sources which would offset any potentially defective products

on the flip side I do tend to be nervous with new endeavors so im thinking iCracked might be good for me to go with being that its more structured.
I just don't want to wake up a month from now regretting my choice because I could've gone on my own and been further ahead.

I live in a little ski resort town near some other similarly small towns on the bright side I get a lot of people asking about phone repairs, and I would be the only one in the area doing them (although i hear my competition is considering it) so that's a plus but being a more rural area I doubt I'll be getting a lot of customers referred from the iCracked app.

I know the training probably doesn't mean much, I mean between YouTube and iFixit's guides it is probably about the same

but I figure I might as well ask other people that I've dealt with this
Did you end up becoming an iTech? I'm considering becoming an iTech as well. For me, I think the real value in iCracked is the dispatch system. I already have a full time job and the ability to pick choose when I do repairs and pretty much always have leads for possible repairs available is perfect. Another area of value is iCracked also takes care of advertising as they are running tv and radio ads along with having top google listings. I trust their parts from the repairs I've done over the past 2 years. And from talking to them and other iTechs, their parts are significantly cheaper than the prices I'm seeing on etechparts or group vertical.

I think I would be able to leverage my mobility, quick turnaround, lifetime warranty and quality parts to make sales at a little bit of a premium. I'm very intrigued and excited by the possibilities here. What do other people think?

Back