Asus Laptop won't turn on again unless up unplug it

JoeTech

Reaction score
I have an Asus TP500L laptop that they said the power button was stuck. I was able to open up the laptop and get the power button unstuck. I was able to get it to turn on and it works fine until you turn it off. Once turned off you have to unplug the ac adapter and then plug it back it for it to turn on again. Also I had to unplug the battery from the motherboard. If I leave the battery plugged in, the laptop will not turn on at all and have to remove both the battery and a/c adapter to get it to turn on again.

I have tried different a/c adapters and switched out the ram with new ram and still have the same problems. I removed the hard drive so it boots to bios. I have reset the bios, but it will not keep the date and time. I don't see a cmos battery on this laptop either to try and reset or replace. Any ideas on how to fix this or is it a possible motherboard issue?

This probably is a MB replacement candidate. Im seeing 2/300 range for replacement laptop on Flea bay. So, Thats probably the way to go.

Back