Apple renegging on their Iphone Throttling

The timing of the original battery "patch" is suspect, too.. right on the heels of the battery patch we learn that they are disappointed with iPhone X sales. Conspiracy theory says that they were trying to force people into upgrading at a time when they need more buyers.

Am I missing something? Didnt they confess earlier?

No, not really. They're still claiming "battery issues" which is BS pure and simple. Vox had a great article, seems this has been possibly going on since 2013 and occurs in lock step with new model releases since the iPhone 4.

I think the question to ask now is, if there is an option to turn this "feature" off now, how come it was a secretive, forced requirement for proper operation before? I think the answer is pretty clear.

Because....they were just hoping they'd get away with it. Like Volkswagen with the faked emissions tests.

I wish people would remember this kind of stuff when they argue that we don't need federal regulations on industries and corporations. Those entities don't "self-police"--they simply do whatever they think they can get away with.

Back