Apple Business

autumn

Reaction score
Who's got experience?

Last time (a while ago) I looked at this and though nope, but reconsidering it for a couple of clients. However I have a couple of questions/queries.

What I am looking at is for Iphones/Ipads.

Does it cost? I was told today from another tech that it doesn't cost unless you want MDM etc. Basically the client businesses own the devices and they have a turnover of staff. So device comes back when the staff leave.

Is it easy to manage devices? well Apple ID's for devices.

Will I be able to bring in current Apple ID's for the business in to the Apple Business console to manage?

Wanting to get my ducks in a row before going to the client and saying this is what we need to do.

I feel like I've been banging my head against a wall and going round in circles. They current have an Apple ID which no one knows the password to, so we have gone though reset password, authenticated with SMS and email codes and now it's saying we need to wait at least 24 hours for an email which will tell us how long we will need to wait to reset the password. Like what? didn't we just authenticate so just reset, oh there's a note saying Apple support can't speed this process up.

I'm guessing you have the email address used for the Apple ID? Are they all the same? Apple requires an Apple ID to setup an iDevice. Without that ID any iDevice that is wiped is a paper weight because it'll fail registration.

I'm guessing you have the email address used for the Apple ID? Are they all the same? Apple requires an Apple ID to setup an iDevice. Without that ID any iDevice that is wiped is a paper weight because it'll fail registration.
Yes we have access to the Apple ID email address/es. It has authenticated with both SMS and email and now says we need to wait for further instructions which maybe 24 hours.

It's been suggested to me from another tech that if we had Apple Business then we could manage the Apple ID/s, Apple devices from Apple Business. However I don't want to spend the time setting it up and then finding out it won't do what is needed. Looking at https://support.apple.com/en-au/business "Getting started" doesn't go in to in they currently have an Apple ID. And not sure we can use Azure as the business is a franchise and uses the main franchisors domain/Azure details.

Gee Apple 2 weeks to reset a password. 24 hours for an email to say the same. Why not just say after the initial authentication by both email and SMS.

I hope the end user isn't on a call or doesn't forget about it.

Anyway that's off topic from the above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230824_142454_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230824_142454_Outlook.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 4
Yes we have access to the Apple ID email address/es. It has authenticated with both SMS and email and now says we need to wait for further instructions which maybe 24 hours.

It's been suggested to me from another tech that if we had Apple Business then we could manage the Apple ID/s, Apple devices from Apple Business. However I don't want to spend the time setting it up and then finding out it won't do what is needed. Looking at https://support.apple.com/en-au/business "Getting started" doesn't go in to in they currently have an Apple ID. And not sure we can use Azure as the business is a franchise and uses the main franchisors domain/Azure details.
This is the way I look at it. Just like regular desktops and laptops people want to know who has what, make sure they are being updated, distribute software tools and protect the device and data on it.

Years ago Apple at least tried to do something for the B2B world they had macOS server. With in that was an iOS MDM service that did all those things mentioned above. Apple's resurrected that in Apple for Business, specifically Business Essentials. They out have a free trial so you can check it out. I haven't yet. M365 has MDM, including iOS devices but have never messed with that. Jamf[/ur] is a long time Apple partner. They also have a free trial.

Gee Apple 2 weeks to reset a password. 24 hours for an email to say the same. Why not just say after the initial authentication by both email and SMS.

I hope the end user isn't on a call or doesn't forget about it.

Anyway that's off topic from the above.
I Don't know what the propose of the 2 week wait was for however password has easily reset once we had to wait the time.

Back