Anybody a Canon Printer Expert? ("download 7701") Error

ClickRight

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a customer with a Canon MF6550 Multifunction printer. They had a power surge a few weeks back, and ever since then their printer hasn't been fully initializing. After you turn it on, you receive a message saying "download 7701 connected" whenever a USB cable is plugged in. (When the cable is unplugged, it says download paused or something to that effect. After poking around at bit, it would seem that the printer needs a firmware re-flash to get it back up and running (It appears to be that's what it wants to download when the error appears.) However, I can't find the firmware anywhere. Does anybody know where I could get it or how I can solve this problem?

Thanks a bunch!

dont no if this helps at all

canon-mf-update-tool.software.informer.com

Unfortunately not. I tried downloading the program from there but the link didn't work. I did manage to find it on google, but I found out that it's only valid for the MF5XXX series printers.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Resler, but I've been there and didn't have any luck finding firmware. I have sent an email to Canon support but haven't heard a peep back yet.

Back