Any Recommendations For A (Good, Free & Portable) Temp File Cleaner For Windows 10 + 11 (to replace TFC by oldtimer)?

Geeks On Command

Reaction score
TFC by oldtimer was such a great program it's been a staple in my tuneup procedures.
It cleans not just Windows temp files, but also browser temp files, java cache, etc.

Unfortunately, I've learned I shouldn't be using it with Windows 10 anymore.
I've tried other free cleaners, but they all require more work (TFC is a portable app, and runs with one click).

Also, technically the license agreements for most of the options are restrictive for commercial use.

Does anyone have a similarly free & easy alternative to recommend?

Thank in advance - Happy new year!

Chris

CC Cleaner, helps me for cleaning all system and temp files, hope it helps

and from here
Cleanup
Ccleaner- This program cleans up registry and alot more. I use it on many computers.
Cleanup!-A powerful and easy-to-use application that removes temporary files created while surfing the web, empties the Recycle Bin, deletes files from your temporary folders and more.
DoubleKiller- Duplicate File Finder Frees up space on your hard drive.
Eusing Windows Washer- Clean up unnecessary files and such in Windows.
NCleaner- an advanced system and application cleaner with over 90 cleaning items available, a Registry Cleaner, a Tweak Manager, an advanced Startup Manager, a Junk Finder, a Free Space Shredder, a System Resource Monitor, a System Adviser, supports logging and statistics as well as advanced Scheduling.
PC Decrapifier- Removes unwanted “extras” on your new PC.
PureRa – SuperCleaner of unnecessary files on your computer.
Vanity Remover – Finds and deletes empty folders on your hard drive.

Because of lots of Bleachbit mentions here, I just tried it and it doesn't even clean up Windows updates!
Settings > Storage > Temporary Files (or Disk Cleanup) seem to be better. That's what I use when needed.
I never bother with registry clean up utilities, they have no noticeable effect on performance with SSDs.

I just turn on the built-in Storage Sense and let Microsoft clean up its own mess.

Which is never a bad idea, even if you use one or more third-party cleanup utilities occasionally, too.

Each tends to catch something that the others don't and you don't run these things "on a daily or even weekly" basis in general.

Because of lots of Bleachbit mentions here, I just tried it and it doesn't even clean up Windows updates!
Settings > Storage > Temporary Files (or Disk Cleanup) seem to be better. That's what I use when needed.
I never bother with registry clean up utilities, they have no noticeable effect on performance with SSDs.

I too was going to mention Windows solutions (as in File Explorer - This PC - Properties - Disk Cleanup) where Windows temp files, previous versions, etc. can be deleted. Thought this may be too simple of an answer.

I always laugh when people run CCleaner and say look! 350 items in the registry can be removed or cleaned up. Besides telling them to never touch the registry I also explain it is 2-3 million lines long. They really aren't doing anything (except flirting with disaster) by deleting a few lines.

If memory serves (and it may not) Storage Sense actually takes care of almost all of what Disk Cleanup used to do, including system file cleanup, automatically.

It does seem to work quite well.

My main reason for using either BleachBit or System Ninja is targeted cleanup of web browser cache and to do that for all of the installed browsers in one fell swoop. I will let either clean up other stuff, too, but that's not why I run them.

Be sure to go the extra step
No extra step needed if you run Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr.exe) as administrator.
If memory serves (and it may not) Storage Sense actually takes care of almost all of what Disk Cleanup used to do
Yes it does. But also in Settings > Storage you can just click on Temporary Files and you get the same cleanup options as Disk Cleanup (incl updates) and it seems to be quicker than Disk Cleanup.

Back