[SOLVED] AIO Samsung DP700a7d

frase

Reaction score
I have an AIO Samsung DP700a7d

Original issue was HDD had failed.

Issue is no BIOS/POST at all was previously.

All I have done is clean the fans, I removed them along with the CPU.
Re-seated everything and put new HDD in. In hindsight should have left the damned CPU/GPU alone.

CPU is an Intel i7 - PINS are all ok on board.

I think because I removed the CPU the BIOS has disagreed. Does anyone know how to reset the CMOS & BIOS on this model?

EDIT: FOUND BATTERY - took out for a minute - still didn't boot.

I don't understand, I have not done anything out of the ordinary. The power comes on, fans spin etc though no display.as in POST etc.
I think it may be the GFX Chip, is AMD. Such a pain now it seems to be dead, is beyond words of annoyance.

Tried another CPU - same issue.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't understand, I have not done anything out of the ordinary.
Did you make any progress on this one?

I've had this happen to me, it's the worst feeling. As if the mere act of opening the case has caused a catastrophic failure. You feel like a complete n00b. And just to add to the pain, it's an AIO.

Cleaning the fans may have moved dust onto a jumper or socket somewhere which can cause a post failure so blow clean the whole board.

Unplug absolutely everything from the motherboard.

Try a different power pack.

Nah not yet mate, I just disassembled the entire board now.
Everything is out and going to leave it that way for now, had enough of it for today.
Am saying FU to it and going to check tomorrow, wish me luck. :mad:

Last edited:
Don't know what it is with me and Pins. Somehow don't know but the pins on the board bent.
I didn't plonk it down or mistreat it in any way. Just as usual gently placed it in, screwed back down.

I was working on it for about four hours, gradually realigning the pins under a scope with a needle.
First few boots was nothing. So persevered and was making sure none where touching. I noticed some where after about three attempts.

Turned it on Finally got POST. Again shut down and will finish off tomorrow as eyeballs are crying in pain.
Lesson learnt again, don't do anything else but the main objective!

realigning the pins under a scope with a needle.
Obviously you'll never need to do this again, but under similar circumstances a few years ago I discovered that a propelling pencil (with the lead removed) is the perfect tool for grabbing and straightening those pesky pins.

And if you tell that to the young people today, they'll ask "what's a propelling pencil?".

And if you tell that to the young people today, they'll ask "what's a propelling pencil?".
It's been a while since I was a teenager but I had to look it up. We call them mechanical or drafting pencils here but I see on wikipedia they have quite a variety of names around the world.

Obviously you'll never need to do this again, but under similar circumstances a few years ago I discovered that a propelling pencil (with the lead removed) is the perfect tool for grabbing and straightening those pesky pins.

Yea have done that before as well mech pencil I call them, though the needle was perfect.

Propelling Pencil is not an American term. I never heard of it before but I was able to assume that you meant a mechanical pencil.

It's a common phrase down our way! (Our way includes Wales, England and most of the Commonwealth except parts of Australia, apparently.)

Propelling pencils are a specific class of mechanical pencil using a narrow-bore tube to hold the lead and a feeder mechanism further up the barrel to advance the lead by a small fixed amount each time the actuating mechanism is clicked. They're different from clutch pencils, the other major group of mechanical pencils, which use a collet of variable size (and shape) to allow the lead to slip an arbitrary length under gravity.

Both are mechanical pencils but only the propelling type makes a good pin straightener. It's nice to have a language that allows the distinction.

trad.jpg

Back