[SOLVED] AIO CPU pump making odd noise

Appletax

Reaction score
Solution: replaced the cooler.

---

Not sure if it's air in the lines or a bad fan in the pump. Should I try shaking it or just replace it or something else? I am a noob when it comes to AIO pumps.

It comes and goes. Sometimes it's not too bad and other times it's quite obnoxious.

Here's a video I made with the noise:

<deleted>

Last edited:
You dont have a cable hitting the fans do you?
That’s what it looks like to me. Also I wonder if the whole radiator fan setup is mounted wrong. Most radiators are mounted the other way so that the fans are drawing air from the front before they push air across the radiator?

Mmm. Looks like another iBuyPower AIO bites the dust! If that's what it is... no doubt the liquid has escaped/evaporated. I replace these particular coolers a lot - and with the same sound - just usually it's not hardly cooling at all - which is why it finally came into the shop.

IIRC, the pump in that model, isn't actually in the CPU portion - it's actully embedded right in the middle of one of the fans (Indicated by a solid square in the middle of, in the Radiator.. total garbage, if that's what it is. Replace!

If its brand new send it back for replacement. Why waste time/effort on it?
Not new. It's the original.

You don't have a cable hitting the fans do you?
Nope. It's coming from inside the radiator.

Mmm. Looks like another iBuyPower AIO bites the dust! If that's what it is... no doubt the liquid has escaped/evaporated. I replace these particular coolers a lot - and with the same sound - just usually it's not hardly cooling at all - which is why it finally came into the shop.

IIRC, the pump in that model, isn't actually in the CPU portion - it's actually embedded right in the middle of one of the fans (Indicated by a solid square in the middle of, in the Radiator.. total garbage, if that's what it is. Replace!
This ^

Going to replace it today with a new cooler I have from a previous job where the pump would not work probably due to dead headers on the mobo.

Will report back.

IIRC, the pump in that model, isn't actually in the CPU portion - it's actully embedded right in the middle of one of the fans (Indicated by a solid square in the middle of, in the Radiator.. total garbage, if that's what it is. Replace!

Got the new pump installed. Works perfect. No more noises. The temps are even lower. I think they were around 36 c and are now 26 c.

First time successfully installing an AIO liquid cooler. What a tedious task. My back hurts lol.

I changed the position of the fans to take air in from the front and send backwards. The front has a dust filter, thankfully.

Odd things about this job:

The client upgraded the graphics card themselves. They put the new 3070 in the right place, but the old 1030 in the second x16 slot so it had two GPUs installed.

The graphics card didn't have the power cables connected. They were still bundled together with other unused power cables with a zip tie.

The AIO pump was disconnected from the mobo.

Drivers not installed for the GPU.

Back