Accepting payments online

Giles

Reaction score
This is new for me, with the exception of PayPal. Does anyone have recommendations on a service to use to accept online payments (preferably one that allows in person payments too). I was looking at Square but not sure if it integrates with Wordpress. Thoughts?

I can send invoices.

What I like best is the monthly cash back (1% ) when using my Paypal debit card. Helps offset the processing fees. I use that account for all of my parts and expenses.

I use Square AND Quickbooks.

For businesses its all done in Quickbooks as 99% are set on a NET 10 payment. I simply do the work, head to the office and send out an invoice through QB or can choose to do it all before leaving the location on my iPad. As for Square, there are many options. Currently I use it for all residential (rare) and those businesses whom wish to pay on the spot.

I also have links on my website for clients to book online and even for visitors to purchase digital gift cards, all done through Square. You even can have/create a complete Square store.

I personally cannot stand PayPal. They are too buyer sided. That buyer protection is ridiculous.

EDIT: To add. When I first started I did use PayPal. But more than once I got burned because a client would pay for a virus removal but then a few days later get another virus and blame me for not doing the job correctly then they would hit up PayPal to contest the charge and win - ALWAYS - even when I sent in my statement explaining I cannot be held responsible for the person getting reinfected as I cannot control what they click, etc.

I have had only 2 clients do that with Square, and both times I won. Square actually takes my Terms and Conditions into play whereas PayPal could give 2 shites.

Last edited:
EDIT: To add. When I first started I did use PayPal. But more than once I got burned because a client would pay for a virus removal but then a few days later get another virus and blame me for not doing the job correctly then they would hit up PayPal to contest the charge and win - ALWAYS - even when I sent in my statement explaining I cannot be held responsible for the person getting reinfected as I cannot control what they click, etc.

That sort of thing is what small claims court is for. Wait until you've got a half dozen or so of these clients backlogged, then file suits against them all on the same day. Most likely you'll get them all scheduled on a single court date. Most states require the defendant to pay the court fees back to the plaintiff if they lose which means you'll be sticking them back with a bill 3x the size of the original invoice amount. That's what idiots like that deserve.

Just because they contest and win with PP doesn't absolve their legal obligation to you. For most clients, just the threat of a suit or harassment by a collection agency is enough to get them to pay..

Back