A Malware Removal Guide

Appletax

I would like to thank you for this as well as the Toolkit/Tune Up information. Both have been very helpful to me. I cannot provide any useful tips or changes to your process as I am still just learning.

Thanks

Free Malware Remover/Speeding up Computer Tip

These are the 3 FREE PROGRAMS that you can run to speed things up on your computer. The first 2 programs will remove most and all viruses, the last one will speed things up!

All you have to do is google Toolslib Adwcleaner and download Adwcleaner
and on the right hand side of the screen there is a big Blue DOWNLOAD NOW button, click on it and download the file ADWCLEANER.EXE

Now, run ADWCLEANER.EXE on your computer (should take 2 minutes to run) and once program opens up click on SCAN. It will go through your whole computer and internet browsers and check to see if you have malware (and it will find tons of items LOL, trust me) and then click on CLEAN. It will ask you to reboot, then you should be a lot better when browsing the internet.

The other program that removes the rest of the viruses is Hitmanpro made by Surfright and it's free for 30 days, so here is the link to download it. There are 2 download now options 32 or 64 bit.

If you need help determining whether your computer is 32 or 64 bit as you need to download only one of these files, all you need to do is click on your Windows or start button on bottom left of screen, and then right click on COMPUTER and left click on PROPERTIES. The screen you are in will have a "System Type" description that tells you if you have 32 bit or 64 bit system. Once you know what you have, then download the HitMan Pro that is either 32 or 64 bit.

When installing Hitman Pro there will be an option like "run hitman pro when computer starts", DO NOT select that as you don't need it to run every time your computer starts. When this program runs (should take 10-15 minutes to run), it will show tons of tracking cookies (screen will still be blue) and don't worry about those, but once that screen turns RED you have viruses/malware. Just follow prompts and activate free 30 day license (put a fake email once you activate like failure@mt2014.com LOL or they will harass you to buy it) and it will remove those viruses and ask you to reboot.

Trust me, once you run these 2 things, then your computer should be virus free.

As for speeding up your computer when it starts up , if you want to make sure your computer doesn't have any necessary items that is doesn't need when it starts up download this STARTUPLITE program made by Malwarebytes here and run it.

Save this file to your desktop and once it's there, right click on the file and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (this one needs it this way)

When you open the program it will have a bunch of programs listed and they should all have the word DISABLED checked, then press on CONTINUE and it will say these programs will be disabled next time computer is started up and VOILA!

These are the 3 FREE PROGRAMS that you can run to speed things up on your computer. The first 2 programs will remove most and all viruses, the last one will speed things up!

and on the right hand side of the screen there is a big Blue DOWNLOAD NOW button, click on it and download the file ADWCLEANER.EXE

Now, run ADWCLEANER.EXE on your computer (should take 2 minutes to run) and once program opens up click on SCAN. It will go through your whole computer and internet browsers and check to see if you have malware (and it will find tons of items LOL, trust me) and then click on CLEAN. It will ask you to reboot, then you should be a lot better when browsing the internet.

The other program that removes the rest of the viruses is Hitmanpro made by Surfright and it's free for 30 days, so here is the link to download it. There are 2 download now options 32 or 64 bit.

If you need help determining whether your computer is 32 or 64 bit as you need to download only one of these files, all you need to do is click on your Windows or start button on bottom left of screen, and then right click on COMPUTER and left click on PROPERTIES. The screen you are in will have a "System Type" description that tells you if you have 32 bit or 64 bit system. Once you know what you have, then download the HitMan Pro that is either 32 or 64 bit.

When installing Hitman Pro there will be an option like "run hitman pro when computer starts", DO NOT select that as you don't need it to run every time your computer starts. When this program runs (should take 10-15 minutes to run), it will show tons of tracking cookies (screen will still be blue) and don't worry about those, but once that screen turns RED you have viruses/malware. Just follow prompts and activate free 30 day license (put a fake email once you activate like failure@mt2014.com LOL or they will harass you to buy it) and it will remove those viruses and ask you to reboot.

As for speeding up your computer when it starts up , if you want to make sure your computer doesn't have any necessary items that is doesn't need when it starts up download this STARTUPLITE program made by Malwarebytes here and run it.

Save this file to your desktop and once it's there, right click on the file and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (this one needs it this way)

When you open the program it will have a bunch of programs listed and they should all have the word DISABLED checked, then press on CONTINUE and it will say these programs will be disabled next time computer is started up and VOILA!

I think you need to take some time and have a look around the forum especially at programs like D7 that includes the first two programs amongst many others. I don't think there is anyone on the forum that hasn't used or heard of the programs.

Please go through the forums and dig a little. You revived a thread that was 6ft under with nothing helpful.

Another good free program is Comodo Cleaning Essentials and Emsisoft Emergency Kit which is also free. There a lot of good free scanners out there that will remove all that conduit, ASK toolbars, and other PUPs that people get because they are too lazy to read and uncheck other programs that get bundled when installing a program that you downloaded on the internet.

STOP! STOP! OUR BRAINS HAVE BEEN BLOW AWAY!

Give us time to recover before you go dropping more truth-bombs on us!
We're still reeling over the revelation of these, what are they called, "a.d.w. cleeeeenerrrrrr" and "HotMomPro"?

STOP! STOP! OUR BRAINS HAVE BEEN BLOW AWAY!

Give us time to recover before you go dropping more truth-bombs on us!
We're still reeling over the revelation of these, what are they called, "a.d.w. cleeeeenerrrrrr" and "HotMomPro"?

Laugh ?
I nearly spilled my pint. [emoji2]

X, you are a very naughty boy. [emoji6]

HotMomPro.
I'm sure I have a subscription to that somewhere.

Last edited:
If you need help determining whether your computer is 32 or 64 bit as you need to download only one of these files, all you need to do is click on your Windows or start button on bottom left of screen, and then right click on COMPUTER and left click on PROPERTIES.

This was a light-bulb moment for me! I've ALWAYS wondered how to do this.

That is what this forum is all about. You learn something new everyday.

I always wondered how to turn a PC on and off,...... Which used to be a joke until the original release on windows 8 [emoji2]

Personally, I just pull the plug from the socket and hope for the best,.... Which is, I suppose, the geek version of Russian roulette. Lol.

Well, you do seem like a trustworthy fellow. I guess I'll ditch my extensive malware removal and post-removal repair procedures and just run those two magical programs. What a timesaver! My clients will be so pleased!

I always wondered how to turn a PC on and off,...... Which used to be a joke until the original release on windows 8 [emoji2]

Personally, I just pull the plug from the socket and hope for the best,.... Which is, I suppose, the geek version of Russian roulette. Lol.

Excellent question, bertie. I, for one, have been wondering about this myself.

joe_avs: Can you help us out with this headscratcher?

Last edited:

WOW! Great advice here!

But...what if I want to upgrade my 32bits to 64bits for more speed? Is this possible, joe_avs?

Bits as slang for American currency? No. At least not in my area.

I think back in the day like way back in the early 1900's or so they used to have bits as like I think they used to cut bits off coins, so they could say bits, but not 100% sure.

Today we usually say money, cash, currency, dough, bread, moolah, green, green stuff, etc. Mostly I just say like money or cash. Some people might use the term Benjamins, for the man on $100 bills.

"Shave and a haircut: 2 bits"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_(money)
"In the United States, the bit is equal to ⅛ of a dollar or 12½ cents. In the U.S., the "bit" as a designation for money dates from the colonial period, when the most common unit of currency used was the Spanish dollar, also known as "piece of eight", which was worth 8 Spanish silver reales. One eighth of a dollar or one silver real was one "bit"."

So... two bits was $.25
the-more-you-know_gif.gif

Back