Your first computer, when?

hwang

Reaction score
When did you a computer for the first time???
Me, a couple a years ago... when a computer was hard to get because it was still expensive in my country, in 1998

I'm 17 years old now. When did you??

Last edited:
When I was about six, I started fiddling with my dad's Commodore 64, and that was over a decade ago. The rest is PC-based history...

As I said in another thread, 3 years ago. My very first computer.

hwang said:
when a computer was hard to get because it was still expensive in my country, in 2000-2001....
Where are you from?

My first computer was about 5 years old with a Commodoore64. I got MY first computer (meaning mine alone, not the families) was when I was 7 and it was an Amiga 500 (upgraded to 1000k of ram! wooo!).

In like 6th grade i started using computers, the first one was something that used a floppy disk to boot and load programs and stuff. Than started use 386, than shifted to celeron 500mhz , currently using p3 900mhz :). Soon will try to shift to lappy.

Rus said:
Where are you from?

Sorry, I made a mistake... about 1998.
I'm from Chile.

I remember PC were so expensive... about $700-$900 for a normal, nothing spectacular pc. I think it's expensive, because now you can buy a good one for $300-600, or less, for $150.

Last edited:
My first computer was a 486 with 16MB of ram which my dad bought for about $350-400 from the trading post... I think I was about 6 or 7 and I just played around, started programming games in basic, made fancy menu's to show all the games I played etc, etc...

It just BARELY ran Windows 3.1, and that was only when I could get my tiny, tiny little hands on a copy :cool:

We got a computer like.. 7 years ago. It wasn't my personal computer though, so I used it mainly for chatting purposes xD
Some years ago I've build my own PC because I got sick of not having my own, from there on I kept building PC's from scrap I found everywhere and nowhere.

Back