Windows 8 official MS video

The whole idea of a cross-platform interface sounds like an awful idea. Oh sure, you can change back to what in the video looks like win7 (which will probably be changed?), but the fact that they want to put a tablet interface on your PC just sounds like a bad idea. There are different interfaces for a reason! Each platform is different and to think that a touchscreen type interface will work great for all is... well kind of annoying.

Microsoft have released the first official video on windows 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I

what your thoughts on it? too much like a mobile phone app or great innovation?

personally i feel going to be a tech nightmare once virus coders get used to exploiting the shared data between apps functionality.

I personally think that the innovation is brilliant. Although having a touch screen OS, will cause issues for a lot of our clients. In so much as 99% of them do not have a touch screen monitor, or laptop.

This alone will make a lot if not most of my clients unhappy, as they will have to purchase a new monitor as well as the OS.

Then you have those of us, who have multiple monitors, or multiple setups, will 8 cope with that?

I agree with you on the exploits. All of us, techs, and av suppliers, malware experts etc, will have to do some serious thinking, and working out. As I think this will be a brand new set of issues we will have to attempt to deal with.

However, with that said, I have heard or read somewhere, that MS8 will allow clients to do their own system restore if needed. That I think could aid us, but will also hinder us.

The cross platform, is a good idea in principle, but the whole 'ap' issue looks to be more for mobiles than a proper OS in my eyes.

Just my 2p :)

Back