Windows 8, 8.1 combined beat XP for first time

NYJimbo

Reaction score
http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-88-1-use-beats-xp-for-first-time-ever/

xp2015.jpg

And in another 3 or 4 months, Windows 8/8.1 will be down to Vista levels.

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it did. People who come into the shop with old Vista computers keep saying things like "I'd buy a new machine but I don't want Windows 8." Some people have been looking at machines that still carry Win7 pro but they are not the cheap $299 models.

I REALLY hope Win10 is going to be a winner, if it is and gets lots of good press, it might make old XP and Vista users take the leap and buy a new machine.

I think Windows 10 will be a big enough winner that Vista and XP user's will finally upgrade - wiping out the last bits of both of those operating systems. With the free upgrades - Windows 8 will go extinct. I think Windows 7 will retain some solid ownership though.

Last edited:
8X will thankfully follow ME into the bit bucket of obscurity.

The thing I find perplexing about that graph is that it shows Vista at 2.01%. I still get a ton of laptops and towers coming in with Vista, so I don't think it could be as small at 2%. Not sure how they came up with these numbers, but we see Vista in here almost every day, sometimes more than we see Win8/8.1.

Back