[REQUEST] Windows 11 Pin and Fingerprint not working

callthatgirl

Vendor
Reaction score
Hey gang, client booted up pc and can't use the fingerprint or pin, nothing will reset. I'm thinking some hardware update happened. Anyone know how to get around this? He is happy to pay if you can help remotely.

I would suggest using password, which local and MS-Account Linked Win 10/11 user accounts have one.

If it's an MS-Account linked Windows user account, and the client does not know their password, they should use the password recovery process for their MS-Account to reset it. That propagates to the Windows user account after the reset.

I think I'm going to start selling flash drives with that program installed. I can FedEx overnight to clients lol. This is my 3rd call I think with this same issue.

The issue today, OEM laptop computers of today have device encryption enabled at setup/OOBE.

One of the reasons I have, as part of my new setup protocol, asking the client whether they want this disabled from the get go. I certainly do.

You're absolutely right that there are myriad nightmares just waiting to happen with BitLocker/Device Encryption on by default under Windows 11 if it came from the factory with Windows 11. Upgrades don't have this issue if it wasn't enabled in Windows 10.

@HCHTech I think he is having a firmware issue, hardware issue, something else. The fingerprint used to work and the pin doesn't allow a reset, he's in Windows prison. I don't know hardware or the deep Windows OS issues, so I'm just guessing. He can't get into the original profile, which was connected to his MS account either.

@HCHTech I think he is having a firmware issue, hardware issue, something else. The fingerprint used to work and the pin doesn't allow a reset, he's in Windows prison. I don't know hardware or the deep Windows OS issues, so I'm just guessing. He can't get into the original profile, which was connected to his MS account either.
Probably had a BIOS or firmware auto-update and now needs the actual MS account to get in.

Back