Windows 11 and Setting a Default Web Browser

Yes. I've also heard about their "rewards" program which gives me chills. 😟
I think they're not creepy, and I think they've come up with a good privacy focused way of monetizing. You get paid in BAT which is a cryptocurrency token they've developed. Interesting concept. I trust them. Wish I understood their model better and could explain it better.

I like that with Firefox there's a Facebook Container extension.

"Prevent Facebook from tracking you around the web. The Facebook Container extension for Firefox helps you take control and isolate your web activity from Facebook."

I think they're not creepy, and I think they've come up with a good privacy focused way of monetizing. You get paid in BAT which is a cryptocurrency token they've developed. Interesting concept. I trust them. Wish I understood their model better and could explain it better.

Yeah no. I'm good.
Thanks for sharing anyway.

I think if you are into crypto Brave Rewards can make sense but the rewards is last I checked completely voluntary so doesn't seem like much a reason to not use them as you can opt out of them.

I believe Opt Out is the default when you install Brave, i.e. you are not set up to do their rewards program unless you say you want it.

I can assure all readers that the Brave Rewards program requires you to opt-in if you wish to participate. At least for my entire history of using it and installing it for others, up through today's date.

Back