WHY?????

Chrome and New Edge both have PDF support because Chromium has PDF support.

That is to say, in this case Edge and Chome are exactly the same feature and support level.

That is to say, in this case Edge and Chome are exactly the same feature and support level.
In theory or from experience?

Just wondering because there might be some extra support or tweaking in Edge due to it being the OS provided PDF reader. I suppose I should try it in Chrome myself...

In theory or from experience?

Just wondering because there might be some extra support or tweaking in Edge due to it being the OS provided PDF reader. I suppose I should try it in Chrome myself...

Experience, Chrome was the first major browser to tell Adobe to take a hike, black list the reader plugin, and incorporate native PDF support. This was baked into the open source project, and ultimately Edge came along later.

As to what Microsoft may or may not have done at the OS level to make Edge better for this I cannot say. What I can say is you can make Chrome your default PDF viewer and it'll work, for that matter so will Firefox. It's a "standard feature" now as far as I know.

Back