What Social Networking Services do you still value?

I enjoy reading Reddit, Quora though not on the professional level. LinkedIn is the only one I use business wise, the rest are obnoxious and pointless; like those shitty celebrity magazines in dentists which just spams the mind. They draw customers one really does not want anyway, looking for assistance rather than pay decent $$$.

Facebook - A.I is as bad as Bidens memory - I stated "Kill 'em All" the other week. Was in regards to an image of Metallica back in 1984 was when their album Kill em All was out. I got a community standards warning, I tried to state it was incorrect, though the service wouldnt work either to reason to the almighty "Standards Board of Morons".

Instagram - That is where narcissistic people goto make $$$ of of other narcissists

TikTok - Watching stupid people do stupid crap, or some kind of essential "lifeHACK". though is common sense.

X/ FKA - Twatter - Pointless, I never have seen any use of it, post a limited amount of crap for others to crap on about.

YouTube - Meh, why advertise how to do something when you are in the end, demonetising others in the field.

That is my 2.5 Cents due to inflation rounded off to 5c. So anyway, others may have some use I dont.

Meh, why advertise how to do something when you are in the end, demonetising others in the field.

Because, very often, you are monetising others in the field to an equal or greater extent. Many of the things I've needed to "see how it's done" I've seen because some other professional has kindly put that up on YouTube to prevent me from either screwing up or wasting hours being excessively careful.

If there's a DIY-er who can and will use it, more power to them, and bless the pro who made that available.

Because, very often, you are monetising others in the field to an equal or greater extent. Many of the things I've needed to "see how it's done" I've seen because some other professional has kindly put that up on YouTube to prevent me from either screwing up or wasting hours being excessively careful.

If there's a DIY-er who can and will use it, more power to them, and bless the pro who made that available.
Fair play, I cannot say I have not done this with some difficult and very expensive tear downs.

Instagram has maintained its value over time. The demographic is broad, and with the correct strategies, such as influencer marketing or Instagram ads, it can bring much-needed customer engagement. Also, despite being more of a content platform, YouTube has immense potential for brands willing to create video content. However, as you said, these need consistent effort and a clear strategy.
And to put this in place, it would really help if you understand what kind of ads your competition is running. You might want to consider using this AdSpy tool to spy on your competitors' ads across several platforms. It can really turn the tables for your social media strategy. Trust me, you'll value the platforms you invest in more than ever.

Last edited:
I value LinkedIn the most. I am constantly having recruiter's reach out to me practically trying to contract or hire me for local job offers. About half of them are offering good paying jobs. There are occasional low-ball job descriptions they send me offering like $40/hr.

I am already making quite a bit more than that as a direct hire/employee for a Government organization where after years of doing great work with a great team I trained, with great benefits, holidays, paid time off, etc. Money isn't everything or I would make a lot more of it. I now have a preferred tier status internally, which basically means I have control over a lot of what makes a job great specifically the who, what, where, when, why, and how.

I love what I do and for whom I work, BUT LinkedIn assures me it would be easy to get employment elsewhere!

Back