Website redesign.

On my tablet the services tiles are cut off like on the Virus Removal and Networking and the two below those. Though on my phone they are shown fine individually in a line rather than two rows of four. Hope this makes sense. upload_2017-2-13_18-20-59.png

Appreciate the feedback! What tablet and resolution are you using? It scales correctly on iPads and wxga tablets.
Operating system | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 10586
Computer | Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13
Generic PnP Monitor | Type: 13.2" screen. Physical size: 293x165mm. Resolution: 1920x1080 px.

Also this was in Chrome.Firefox seems better, but still everything seems too large on this device.

Last edited:
Operating system | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 10586
Computer | Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13
Generic PnP Monitor | Type: 13.2" screen. Physical size: 293x165mm. Resolution: 1920x1080 px.

Also this was in Chrome.Firefox seems better, but still everything seems too large on this device.
hmmm... strange. I created a 1920 x 1080 resolution using 'resize window' in chrome and all looked good. Not sure whats up.
I did add the phone number and tweaked a few other things though.
We used Jimdo before. Using Wix now. Wix is waaaaay more flexible and has tons more features but it's my first day using it so still learning the ropes.

Sorry, not very constructive, but...
Personally, I like the old site better.
BTW, I'm "green with jealousy" with your workshop! Wow if only I had something like that........

Sorry, not very constructive, but...
Personally, I like the old site better.
BTW, I'm "green with jealousy" with your workshop! Wow if only I had something like that........
Thanks for the workshop compliment. For the life of me I can't see the old site as being better looking though lol. The new one is far from done but could you maybe point out some things that make the old one look better? Would be much appreciated. To me the old one looks a bit.... well old. Like a somewhat 'dated' website. The standard format with a lot of info crammed on single pages etc.
The newer styles seem to be more 'vertical slideshow' like so you can view blocks of info at a time. Seems much easier on the eyes to me anyway.

I am curious though exactly what is making people say that though. I asked in other areas also and so far 4 out of 25 said they liked the old site better. But I'm dying to know what makes the 4 see it that way lol.

Thanks again,

Thanks for the workshop compliment. For the life of me I can't see the old site as being better looking though lol. The new one is far from done but could you maybe point out some things that make the old one look better? Would be much appreciated. To me the old one looks a bit.... well old. Like a somewhat 'dated' website. The standard format with a lot of info crammed on single pages etc.
The newer styles seem to be more 'vertical slideshow' like so you can view blocks of info at a time. Seems much easier on the eyes to me anyway.

I am curious though exactly what is making people say that though. I asked in other areas also and so far 4 out of 25 said they liked the old site better. But I'm dying to know what makes the 4 see it that way lol.
Thanks again,
For me, and again, this on on the POS tablet I am using, which may affect my overall perspective, but the new site has large pictures that don't provide much value and I have to scroll around a lot to find the information I want. With the old site I can see all the info with minimal scrolling and the pictures are smaller and I can click on them if I want to see them larger rather than they being forced on to me. 

Reactions: GTP
I agree about the large images. I'm on the other side of the spectrum with a 30" 2650x1440 monitor and the pic of the shop (which is very low resolution btw) takes up a massive amount of space. When the first thing people need to do when they access your site is scroll past a giant image to get to the info they care about, then its not a good design.

Also, as a personal preference, I hate sites with the multi-layered scrolling thing. Its distracting and doesn't add anything to the site imo, and I know from watching some elderly customers try to access other similar sites, it confuses them. I also much prefer fixed width sites. Auto scaling just never looks good.

Reactions: GTP
I agree about the large images. I'm on the other side of the spectrum with a 30" 2650x1440 monitor and the pic of the shop (which is very low resolution btw) takes up a massive amount of space. When the first thing people need to do when they access your site is scroll past a giant image to get to the info they care about, then its not a good design.

Also, as a personal preference, I hate sites with the multi-layered scrolling thing. Its distracting and doesn't add anything to the site imo, and I know from watching some elderly customers try to access other similar sites, it confuses them. I also much prefer fixed width sites. Auto scaling just never looks good.
Interesting... I appreciate the feedback for sure! I've recently seen those parallax type sites and for some reason I really liked them. The giant pictures, sections or block of info etc, just made it seem so cool to me. Of course i'm brand new at this so maybe it's just mine that's not good lol.

Either way I need to change my black background to more of a charcoal gray even if I keep the old site. True black is never easy on the eyes with pure white lettering and our colors need to be changed to charcoal, green and white instead of pure black.

Maybe i'll try a blend of the two with a fixed width center (like mine now) but more top down sections instead of multiple columns.
Once again the feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Visually I like the new site. On the mobile site (android phone) it looks solid. You'll want to fix the "Pro Support" page though.. huge gap of white space on there both on desktop and mobile. As for the tablet side of things, I forgot my damn iPad with me today but I can always check it out later.

The contact us site page hurts the eyes though. Might I recommend less colouring, but still keeping your theme colours; just less. Otherwise, it looks nice, and I think it's about 60% better than the original site.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    266.2 KB · Views: 3
Visually I like the new site. On the mobile site (android phone) it looks solid. You'll want to fix the "Pro Support" page though.. huge gap of white space on there both on desktop and mobile. As for the tablet side of things, I forgot my damn iPad with me today but I can always check it out later.

The contact us site page hurts the eyes though. Might I recommend less colouring, but still keeping your theme colours; just less. Otherwise, it looks nice, and I think it's about 60% better than the original site.
Thanks for the feedback!
I'll Play with the colors on the contact page a little bit. The pro support and other links I didn't even start yet so they're from the original template I only have the homepage services and contact page somewhat finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again,
I agree with most of what @Slaters Kustum Machines and @Krynn72 said.
To me, the old site just feels more "comfortable" in the way the information is presented. It's right in front of me with a minimum of scrolling, (I really dislike scrolling websites btw!) and the links take me to the relevant info. Those huge pictures on the new site are both annoying and distracting while you seem to be endlessly scrolling! I just want to get to the information and its not easy to do that on the new site.
:)

Still only have a few pages done but made some changes. Took out the giant car pic etc. Is it getting better at all? Or still prefer the old site? The way the images shrink up when scrolling really needs to be viewed on a full screen. Mobile viewing doesn't get the same effect.

Sorry Dude! I still like the old site better! Having to scroll (yuk) to the bottom to get your contact form is not good imho.:)
I personally only scroll one or two rolls of the wheel (default 3 lines), so if I don't find what I want I'm out!
Much prefer clickable links to scrolling.

Back