website critique

Generally good...although I agree with Kev, may want to tone that down slightly. I'd remove the one of everybody standing in front of front door...the others you could probably get away with.

Ok here goes.

1. The front page looks too much like a family page. Too many pictures that really have nothing to do with tech support. I'd move those pictures to an "About Us" page. They are great to show that you are a family run company, but not something I would have on the home page. I know the "Home" page is an "About us" page, but I would change that up. Make a more traditional home page and move all those pictures to another page.
2. The blue text on the home page is a bit too in your face. It's too large and bright.
3. There is too much of a size difference between h1 text and paragraph text. Reduce the h1 text size a bit.
4. Run it through a grammar checker.
  • Your use of the word IT is different all over the page. Sometimes it I.T. and other times it's IT. Pick one and use it all over the site. I think it should be IT.
  • Bullet points have mixed looks. Sometimes you have punctuation at the end and sometimes you don't. Again, pick one way and do it throughout the site.
  • Spell check (I have to do this all the time too.) there is some words missing hyphens.
5. Clean up or remove the photo gallery at the bottom. Hard to tell what it's for since there are a lot of pictures that have nothing to do with tech support. Also move this away from the home page.
6. Home page is too busy and all over the place. The home page should show what the company does, and that's berried at the bottom of the page.
7. Love the testimonials page. What does the ad at the bottom of the page have to do with testimonials though?
8. Change the background picture on the Testimonials. Too confusing have words over top of a word in the background image.
9. Consistency is key. Font type, size and color should be the same on all page. Pictures should also be the same size as well. Photos on the home page are huge, then the business and residential page are like thumbnails.

Generally good...although I agree with Kev, may want to tone that down slightly. I'd remove the one of everybody standing in front of front door...the others you could probably get away with.
Now I like the front door image. If ben made a different home page focusing on the company and his offerings (overview only) and moved the "About us" page, the picture of everyone on the front step wearing the shirts would be one of the images I'd keep.

I feel like there is way too much content on the front page. When scrolling down further I see gaps of information and sometimes the pictures are slow to load. I agree with what others are saying and move the amount of family pictures to Facebook or About Us so that it doesn't take away from your Home page.

The one page that I did like was the Testimonials page although you want to keep your potential customers on your website as long as possible and not deviate them to another place.

Back