Vista Service Pack 1

Is the hard drive original? I say that because modern advanced format drives can cause all sorts of problems with Vista. I found out that the hard way. In the end I had a massive head ache but I make a thread about it on here at the time and I solved it originally.

The way I solved it was to use an older none AF drive, install windows onto that with all the service packs using WSUS, then install Intel Rapid Storage etc, once this was working I then cloned it onto the AF drive and everything worked fine.

If this is the original drive then ignore all of the above.

Is the hard drive original? I say that because modern advanced format drives can cause all sorts of problems with Vista. I found out that the hard way. In the end I had a massive head ache but I make a thread about it on here at the time and I solved it originally.

The way I solved it was to use an older none AF drive, install windows onto that with all the service packs using WSUS, then install Intel Rapid Storage etc, once this was working I then cloned it onto the AF drive and everything worked fine.

If this is the original drive then ignore all of the above.
I believe it is the original.

thanks to all for advice and suggestions and especially to those who offered ISOs. i installed vista with service pack 2 followed by snappy driver and now i'm just letting windows update do it's thing. all is good.

Back