Vista & new directory not showing

SnoSalmon

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm really stumped on this issue;
I have a client running Windows Vista (SP2, all patches etc) in a business environment. The PC has been rebuilt maybe 6 months ago.

When the user creates a new directory sometimes (infrequently) it will not show in Windows explorer at all.
I can search for it, find it that way, and even copy files into it and so forth.

All the normal things like show hidden files are set, I've cleared the thumbnail cache and tried a reboot. Nothing will show the folder. It's located on a network share in a peer to peer environment (2 Vista Business PC's, both SP2 etc).

There's nothing "odd" on the machines in that they are standard business fare with Avast antivirus, Office 2007 and a couple of accounting/stock control packages. There's no torrenting, random browsing or other crazy stuff going on.

Google doesn't help much - maybe my terminology is off the mark.

Specifically, the user created a new directory in the F: drive (the mapped drive to the share on the other PC) like: F:\COMPANY\<foldername>

The other user is also not able to see this folder unless they type the name in the search box at the top right when in the F:\COMPANY\ folder.
The folder in question is named "second brand" so no weird naming convention or characters.

Really hope someone here knows why this is!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back