Vista animated cursor issue - can't find

sabarrett328

Reaction score
I'm cleaning a system for a client and I've gotten out some remnants of malicious items along with random cruft, however I've come across a sticky issue - the cursor is animated and I can't find anything that has latched on. Anywhere in the control panel it shows as being a normal cursor. I see no odd programs installed to mess with the cursor. I see no odd directories showing programs I don't know of. What the cursor is doing is its animated, normally white, but does blue wipes upward every couple seconds. When launching a program, it displays a timer below the cursor for how long it takes to open the application. I want to get rid of it, as it annoys both me and the client, I don't like unknown programs running, and I would guess it shouldn't be there.

Any thoughts on what this is?

Thanks,
Scott

duh... not sure why I didn't think to look there. Changing the theme has changed it back to the normal cursor, but there was no indication that the cursor was different than the normal one. strange...

Trying to find remnants of the theme setting so I can find the cursor information.

Thanks,
Scott

Back