Updating our website...finally.

ComputerPro

Reaction score
Finally finding the time to update our site a little bit. I do the site for our company myself. Mostly because i'm cheap lol, but I really do like tinkering with it also. So its a little cheesy as i'm by no means a professional web developer. We just use Jimdo as its quick and easy.

http://computerpro1.com

The old site was an aftermarket template that I was fairly locked into. Harder to change phone number size (where its located anyway) and other little things like that which was annoying. For the updated site I tried to still keep it very simple, no flash etc to make it more viewable to all. More prominent phone number and hours shown across all pages.

Thoughts, comments or issues?

Thanks in advance,
Terry

Last edited:
Very informative site - I wish I had benches like that!

How do you feel about the free website link in the footer? You are offering website design as one of your services but that link only gives potential customers another option (going somewhere else).

As you've got a great, professional-looking shop, IMHO it's a pity that people will be thinking that you only use a free website service....?

Just a personal opinion, others may disagree! ;)

I can tell you - from the pictures of your shop on your site and the professional look and aura of your company, It is a great bench mark for my aspirations as a computer technician to one day have a business similar to yours. Great work, Terry.

I can tell you - from the pictures of your shop on your site and the professional look and aura of your company, It is a great bench mark for my aspirations as a computer technician to one day have a business similar to yours. Great work, Terry.
+1 to this. I currently work out of my house as many techs do with the goal to one day have a store like this.

Thanks for all the replies! @ChrisTech, I'm with you on this. I just didn't get to that stage yet. Need SEO done and Title names also. It was just a mockup on a free jimdo site which i'll move over to our paid jimdo account where I can remove the jimdo references etc. Pretty much the same as on our old site. The problem with jimdo is when you do mockups to make possible changes to your live site, it changes the actual site. There is really no practice area so I used a free account for it. Can't copy html over either lol. Now I have to re-create it on our live domain. But its pretty quick and copy / paste at this point.

Re web design... we have a small niche in our area that we are starting. A lot of our clients mentioned they wanted a decent looking site but got quotes in the thousands from area web developers. So we came up with a flat rate package which is template based and uses jimdo for speed. The pro package costs $90 per year from Jimdo and has pretty good SEO capabilities also. We started a $499 flat rate web pkg with $19 monthly hosting fee that includes minor changes (words added, etc) So far its been working out great as we can bang them out in usually half a day or less.

We just started this but here are a few we've done:
http://mprocpa.com
http://palmbjj.com
http://williamwhitepc.com

Looks great, just one question is that a Ford Fiesta you have? Seems bizarre to see them in the USA, has been the best selling car here in the UK for the past 20 years or so. Also looks identical to the European one. Sorry for going so off topic!

Looks great, just one question is that a Ford Fiesta you have? Seems bizarre to see them in the USA, has been the best selling car here in the UK for the past 20 years or so. Also looks identical to the European one. Sorry for going so off topic!
Yes it's a fiesta. Gets great mileage but to be honest we should have gotten a focus. They are a tiny bit more and mileage is almost the same but much more roomy.

Nice site. I think your choice of color is great. The store looks awesome too. The simple clean data structure is good though I get a sense of emptiness on some of the pages. I understand the clean and minimalist design but for such a sharp looking site, I would just like to see a few bells and whistles . Like buttons with hover effects or images with hover effects. Great job even without!

Looking good!
I really like this part:
How long will it take to fix my computer?
It depends on the type of service you need. Some shops advertise " 2 hour service ". In reality, to do a "proper, thorough" job, it takes a little time. We do not like to shortcut your service. We always do a complete and thorough job. We make sure we address all your issues, the ones that you knew about and the ones that you didn't. Some repairs take 5 minutes and some take a few days. With our flat rate pricing plans you never have to watch the clock or worry about the price going up because it’s taking longer. Can't be without your computer?... We also have a loaner program to keep you up and running while your system is being repaired.

Might have to re-word that and use it myself. :D

Nice. Like the site. The branded vehicles really add to your credibility.

The only thing I don't like is the domain name. I'm not a fan of tacking on a number 1.

Nice. Like the site. The branded vehicles really add to your credibility.

The only thing I don't like is the domain name. I'm not a fan of tacking on a number 1.
We've been trying for years to get computerpro.com but the company that has it hasn't played ball yet.

hi Terry, not sure if you caught my post awhile back, but I got mine back after almost 9 years.

New site is great and of course awesome branding :)

There seems to be a problem with the social media links, for me anyway. Takes me to a 'share' link and not your actual facebook / twitter / google page.

There seems to be a problem with the social media links, for me anyway. Takes me to a 'share' link and not your actual facebook / twitter / google page.
Yeah I noticed that too. They are 'share' buttons. I thought it was odd too so I just switched it to a like button. Have to tweak it and tie it with our FB page yet though. Thanks for the catch though :)

I've always liked your branding alot, and the shop setup.
One of the best branding around imo.

Business looks successfull despite the fact that black is the color your should avoid the most for a website :)
Just throwing it out there.

Back