Update for Windows Vista (KB2536276) fails

sepi

Reaction score
Before I start I must say this has been very frustrating. I have tried everything I can think of and am still having the same problem!

I just restored this HP Pavilion dv6000 to its factory settings, ran all windows updates but this one update won't install and fails. I've tried all microsoft suggestions including running the Fix it. Fix it wouldn't run when selecting the repair of the windows update, error "an unexpected error has occured". I finally got it to run after reinstalling the Fix It software. It said it fixed the problem and the details said that the location where the windows update is being restored had changed. But no other information.

Event viewer error is ID 20 but there is no information available for it!!

This info is the most I've been able to get after trying everything else, including restoring. I'm not even sure if this is correct info, but I sense that there is more going on than this Windows update problem, since I tried installing Vuze and after launching it, the computer shut down completely, restore wouldn't run, but I uninstalled the app using safe mode and that seemed to resolve it.

What do you all think keeping in mind that I don't have a Vista disk?!!:eek:

Back