Time to Complete

PaulTech

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

(There's quite a bit here so please feel free to jump in on specific items.)

I need some help with estimating time and build considerations. I'm proficient with Unifi but it is typically the network component. However, in this case the environment will include Unifi Talk and Unifi Protect IP CAMS. Here are the questions:

1. UNIFI TALK - 3 phones, 2 phone numbers (1st for customer calls, 2nd for office - it's a small restaurant)
a. Front End Config Setup time? - Setup Unifi Phone service, basic Auto-Attendent setup, other (??).
b. Unifi Flex - How much time to set up from plug in POE to online and ready?
c. Unifi Phone Service setup and phone numbers - What's the process and steps?
d. Phone service Billing - do you have the charge go to your Unifi account and then bill the client? I would likely pre-bill per month but how are you handling over 3000 minute months and how much does Unifi charge?
e. Phone number ownership - Can the phone numbers be assigned to the client with the Unifi billing separated?
f. Harddrive - Can the HD be divided for use by Unifi Talk and Unifi Protect? I assume using a WD Red Pro drive would void warranty or impact support help?

2. Unifi Protect - 14 CAMS - combination of G4 Dome or Bullet
a. Front End Config setup time?
b. Unifi G4 CAM - How much time to setup from plug in POE to online and ready with recording configured?
c. G4 Dome - it seems ideal for ceiling mount, what about wall mount?

I can only speak on the Cams. Once you have Unifi/DM up and running the cams will autodetect and ask to be added. Easy peasy. Running and recording in 5-10 minutes.

You're somewhere close to "the limit" on the amount of Camera's without having their dedicated DVR or another Dream Machine or whatnot... so be prepared for issues with that depending on your exact setup (Just a bandwidth issue/ability to write fast enough to a HDD, etc).

I can only speak on the Cams. Once you have Unifi/DM up and running the cams will autodetect and ask to be added. Easy peasy. Running and recording in 5-10 minutes.

You're somewhere close to "the limit" on the amount of Camera's without having their dedicated DVR or another Dream Machine or whatnot... so be prepared for issues with that depending on your exact setup (Just a bandwidth issue/ability to write fast enough to a HDD, etc).
Thank you for the response. Is there any front end Protect setup time (ex. default recording criteria)? I did use UNIFI's resource calculator (ui dot com slash consoles) and it showed 50% load but it didn't mention r/w issues, so thank you!

There is some simple setup time on the front end when you adopt the camera's - all simple stuff like naming the camera, etc. That will get you going within minutes. You may find yourself visiting the Person/vehicle detection and/or setting "dead zones" or Alerts for management/emails. Nothing too taxing... and all that "other stuff" is optional.

Back