Thoughts on China

I'm not a huge fan of everything my government does, in fact I dare say I hate most of it. Look at our election prospects for President this year? Four years ago, two grumpy old men set age records, today the same two grumpy old men will do it again! People will claim one of them is mentally incompetent, but magically ignore the other. And which is which depends on their party preference, not reason. Meanwhile I'm over here going... can I vote for someone that isn't a fossil please?

As for China, the US is no saint... but in general our actions enable the planet to make money. And we don't generally make a habit of using our people as spies via coercion. China will hold entire families hostage to force their citizens that have left the nation to do what they want. Not to mention the forced government controls over huge swaths of critical industry. We've all seen the electronics industry hit. But many ignore what China did to steel, and tries to do to oil.

For better or for worse you can predict what the US will do simply based on global trade, the pathway that makes the US the most money, and generally by extension everyone else too is what happens. When China does the same thing they set themselves up as the only positive recipient. I used to direct import from China all the time, all that has stopped. Not due to some US mandate, but because my contacts in China all broke contact after demonstrating blatant racist and xenophobic behavior, I can only assume while under pressure from powers at home. I assume such because the messages I got from three different vendors happened at the same time, over multiple communications mediums, and using similar language.

How anyone that doesn't speak Mandarin can think that's going to work out well for them in the long run is utterly beyond me.

Back