thinking off adding Iphone Repair to my services

justalfe

Reaction score
hey guys what do you guys think about adding an iphone repair service to computer repair business? anyone on here doing it already i know i could figure it out as it doesnt seem to hard..my only question is where to get wholesale parts from such as lcd screens and the digitizier..

Ipod type parts are easy to find on ebay and there is a store in canada that sells that kind of stuff ..got there bizness card at home. Will have to look them up when i get back.. as far as repairing them ..honestly i dont know. I have repaired 3 ipods now and they are a pain and if i actually charged people my hourly rate for the actual time it took it would be cheaper to buy a new ipod i think. The iphone maybe differnet but i imagine it would be harder than an ipod. Course i could be wrong too.... will post the other links when i get home.

most iphone repairs charge 60 bucks for a screen replacement ive seen a few videos on youtube.. and you can take out the screen in less then a minute..with a suction cup!

I do ipods because parts are available through a 3rd party. We can't find any iphone parts or we'd be doing those as well. But I'm sure some manufacturer in China will come up with them eventually.

as far as repairing them ..honestly i dont know. I have repaired 3 ipods now and they are a pain and if i actually charged people my hourly rate for the actual time it took it would be cheaper to buy a new ipod i think. The iphone maybe differnet but i imagine it would be harder than an ipod. Course i could be wrong too.... will post the other links when i get home.

Opening them is the hardest part, but once you figure out the easy way to open them they can be fixed in no time. I am down to 30 minutes on anything that needs replaced and that's not trying to be fast.

Last edited:
I do Ipod repairs as well...

Step 1: Take IPod from Customer
Step 2: Have them sign waiver
Step 3: Step on IPod
Step 4: Tell them to buy a real mp3 player
Step 5: Collect my money

Back