TeamViewer free upgrade

Worked out great for us. We had already upgraded to V15 with a subscription. Now our old V10 licence has been upgraded to V15 we can cancel the subscription and milk the free licence until until Dec 2025. Saved thousands.

Never had to do anything. The licence just upgraded itself automatically.

I have a version 11 premium license, and now it's starting to limit me to 5 minutes when I connect to hosts running version 9 or 10. Previously that was no problem.
I was the same I had a version 6, version 10 and version 11 license. The five minute limit started sometime in July as had a few clients still running version 10, not time limit with 11 hosts.

If you’ve Previously purchased version 10 or 9 Log in to the web interface on their website and look at your account then activate your older license as it will say TeamViewer 15. They did it in January but didn’t tell anyone.

Bit annoying that TeamViewer 11 hasn’t been upgraded and that it doesn’t automatically select the newer version.

My money is on TeamViewer 11 disappearing in the next six months.

Yep, I sent a msg over to TV support but no reply yet. I realized the problem was occurring only with a couple of host version 9 boxes that I never bothered to bring up to host version 11, since they worked fine.

So, I can sense that the TV party is winding down, the money I spent for a "lifetime license" was well worth it, but now it looks like that is going to wind down eventually. I'd like to get five more years out of it, but we'll see. It looks like they gave people with a version 10 license until 2025, so they should give me until 2027 or so, which would be fine...

I have a version 11 premium license, and now it's starting to limit me to 5 minutes when I connect to hosts running version 9 or 10. Previously that was no problem.

If you don't upgrade the host beyond v10 you will loose access when they discontinue v8 v9 and v10 on 21st Sept. This is TeamViewer giving you a firm nudge to upgrade while it's still easy to do so.

Last edited:
If you don't upgrade the host beyond v10 you will loose access when they discontinue v8 v9 and v10 on 21st Sept. This is TeamViewer giving you a firm nudge to upgrade while it's still easy to do so.
True! I do have backup remote access via another app, but teamviewer is my favorite and use to be lowest hassle access. Sad that they have gone to the subscription model and basically crapped on the people that the sold a lifetime subscription to...

Back