Super Geek

I still see that in production on occasion

Now I'll pick a nit: I presume you mean Windows Explorer. File Explorer is what we use now.

But I see a lot of "computer nostalgia" in older shows I watch and think, "I remember when." The difference being that most of the time, after the "when," I also think, "and I don't miss it one damned bit!"

saw line-of-site maybe 8 Cisco Meraki APs.

I've seen 3 or 4 before and when I investigated one was for guests, two were for employee use and the fourth was for just the machines that use WiFi (????-security issue but no details given). Who ever set it up opted for separate devices.

under $3/gallon

Just came off the road from another @vanlife travels. Gas is $2.79 down south a bit in the KY, TN, AR area.

Now I'll pick a nit: I presume you mean Windows Explorer. File Explorer is what we use now.

But I see a lot of "computer nostalgia" in older shows I watch and think, "I remember when." The difference being that most of the time, after the "when," I also think, "and I don't miss it one damned bit!"
Should have been clearer. I was referring to XP.

Just came off the road from another @vanlife travels. Gas is $2.79 down south a bit in the KY, TN, AR area.
$2.99 in Raleigh on Wed which is the cheapest. But gas prices can vary as much as .40 in that area. $3.49 in Gainesville, VA this morning.

Any area that's part of the DC metro circle, and Gainsville definitely is, will have significantly higher prices than outside it, even if an area such as Gainsville is way closer to the edges than the center of that circle.
Yes Gainesville is definitely part of the greater DC money sink. Homes in the RDU burbs going for 300k-400k are 1 million or more around here.

Was it called "File Explorer" in the XP days? If so, I'd forgotten that entirely. I thought it was Windows Explorer from day one of Windows until the renaming to File Explorer.
To be honest I've always referred to that feature/function as just Explorer. Much easier to remember and most seem to understand what it is. Too many OEM's, including Apple, spend way too much time re-arranging things just because think it's "better" and then re-label them.

To be honest I've always referred to that feature/function as just Explorer.

And I never did because, back in the day when Internet Explorer existed side-by-side with either File Explorer or Windows Explorer, I constantly got people firing up IE when I meant "the other Explorer" or vice versa.

If I slip and say Windows Explorer today, no one even blinks (except me, when splitting hairs) and they open what I expect them to open.

Back