Storing XP updates

Pants

Reaction score
Is there a way to download Windows XP updates and store them without an update server? When XP loses extended support next year I'd like to be ready to provide extended extended support for it since a lot of people will still use it for a while.

^^correct answer^^

But how will you provide "extended support" for an OS that's been cut loose? Will you be making your own security updates for it? It will be a dead OS... let it die.

I bet when the OS is discontinued by M$, that is the time when hackers try to get people the most, since they know security patches won't be installed and people are going to keep trying to use it.

You know un official updates will still continue to filter out. Windows 98 still has updates every now and again from a very dedicated community. I'm sure xp will endure and up updates will continue

I did not know their was a community still supporting Windows 98. I knew there was an unofficial service pack for it but not continuous support. This is good to know. What website does the Windows 98 community operate from ?

Back