[BUG] So hey Zuck did you try turning it off and on again?

So what do they not have the budget to test things in a QA environment before going into production?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

"The way to stop the feedback cycle was quite painful - we had to stop all traffic to this database cluster, which meant turning off the site. Once the databases had recovered and the root cause had been fixed, we slowly allowed more people back onto the site."

All traffic to Facebook was stopped in waves over several hours.

"The way to stop the feedback cycle was quite painful - we had to stop all traffic to this database cluster, which meant turning off the site. Once the databases had recovered and the root cause had been fixed, we slowly allowed more people back onto the site."

All traffic to Facebook was stopped in waves over several hours.

In 2010

I was gone almost all day yesterday when their systems were down and didn't know anything had happened until late in the day. I've read a lot of comments from many people on many difference websites that they thought the end of the world was coming - oh brother!

I stopped caring about Facebook back when....oh wait, I never cared about Facebook. For all I care they can just hit the shutdown button, admit defeat and work on developing platforms such as Instagram that they own.

So what do they not have the budget to test things in a QA environment before going into production?

Facebook actually does a lot of live updates, and things will and do break from time to time.

I stay far FAR away from the platform though. I don't have many kind things to say about the company or it's ethics.

Article about their update cycles:
https://code.fb.com/web/rapid-release-at-massive-scale/

Back