Sharepoint and macOS

Markverhyden

Reaction score
Looking at getting a macOS customer on Sharepoint since their Synology went belly up. Supposedly installing OneDrive will see the Sharepoint folders/files. At this point it's not, only showing OneDrive stuff, can only see Sharepoint via web. Anyone else tried/done Sharepoint via OneDrive in macOS. TIA.

You need to go the the sharepoint documents location in the web browser and then click the sync option at the top of the page. This will sync that specific document share to the local machine so they can see it.

You need to go the the sharepoint documents location in the web browser and then click the sync option at the top of the page. This will sync that specific document share to the local machine so they can see it.
That's what the instructions say but there is no sync button in the web app that I can find. Using Chrome BTW. Have you done this?Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 6.11.29 AM.png

Be careful if they have iCloud Drive turned on and sharing Desktop and Documents. One client of mine had this and she somehow moved either the alias or actual SharePoint folder to the Desktop. Two of every file, it was a mess.

I usually click on the "Documents" option you see on the left and then go to the share itself and then choose sync but it sounds like you found another option.
For this particular situation I want to share the entire root directory. But I can see there's plenty of granularity. Now I've just got to get everything transferred over. Everything as in hundreds of GB. AKA The Curse of Cheap Storage Space.

Dealing with SharePoint integration on macOS can sometimes be tricky, especially when relying solely on OneDrive. However, if you're seeking a more comprehensive solution to seamlessly manage your SharePoint files on macOS, Commander One proves to be an excellent choice.

Commander One is a versatile file manager that goes beyond the limitations of OneDrive, offering a holistic approach to file management, including SharePoint integration. Here's how Commander One can be the perfect solution to address your SharePoint-related challenges and connect ftp on Mac too.
Sounds spammy.
@Kitten Kong

The verbiage is exactly like what a marketing team would put on their adds or at best one might find in a review done by a professional writer it is very suspect at best.

While I have not run OneDrive to sync on the Mac, it works great in M365 office for sure.

I see no reason Sharepoint wouldn't sync a share through the Mac OneDrive app.

I see no reason Sharepoint wouldn't sync a share through the Mac OneDrive app.

Given what Microsoft has put into the M365 ecosystem as a whole, on any platform it can run on, I see no reason, either. They're not going to put out a "substandard" OneDrive for Mac.

Back