Server Backup Solutions

If you want a cheap but robust and feature rich backup look at purchasing a refurbished server. Throw in a ton of internal storage and install Veeam Backup & Replication. You can even run the community version completely free for up to 10 VM's with practically 99% of the features available. No support but Veeam has such a huge community it's rare you need it.

Run regular backups to the local storage. Run backup-copy jobs to either rotated USB, NAS, AWS, Azure, or anything S3 compatible like Wasabi or Backblaze.

Some of our smaller single server clients I've actually installed Veeam on a dedicated Dell OptiPlex with Win10 Pro. Spec it with an i5, 32Gb RAM, 256GB SSD for OS and 2TB SSD for backups. Powerful enough to run their VM's temporarily should the production server fail.
I'm looking at this now for a client but Veeam community cannot backup to Cloud,

Are there no online cloud storage solutions that include a client that will work with windows server ?
as it stands it looks like paying for cloud storage (fine) and paying for the client to do the backing up.

I'm really only familiar with desktop solutions where you get a free client provided by the cloud storage provider

We use VEEAM, usually to a synology NAS + Azure storage.
You can then spin it up in the cloud if everything explodes

Back