Samsung S20+

frase

Reaction score
I have a Samsung S20+, I am wanting to Factory Reset it, I cannot do it in settings as the email address is incorrect.
I have tried POWER+VOLUP, it just boots into phone. So annoying...

Some random guy on youtube shows this process. If it's an S20, it has to be pretty new - where did you get it? If you bought it at a vendor store, I'm sure they could reset it for you if you took it back...

1. First you need to turn off the device
2. Press the Volume Up + Power for a while
3. When the Android icon or Samsung logo appears on the display, stop pressing the buttons
4. Applying the Volume Setting, select the wipe data / restore factory settings item and confirm the selection by pressing the power on.
5. Then in the next level, select "Yes" - delete all user data. Adjust the Volume and confirm the menu selection by pressing Power on.
6. Confirm the system reboot menu item in the conclusion, to finish and reboot
7. Reset will complete after reboot

last time i tried that even factory reset wanted the original google account/password to do the reset. any phone built in the last few years.
Correct, if you do in from recovery. If you are logged into the phone and do the reset from the settings menu in android it will do a full reset without needing this.
I read about that..some built in programmed bollocks security.

View attachment 12394
It’s protected from people stealing the phone and resetting it.

It was my brothers phone, he couldn't use it properly used to Apple. So I purchased it off of him. I rang Samsung I need to send it off to a vendor as @HCHTech stated.
Your brother doesn’t know his email address and password? All you need to do is get logged in with his creds and then nuke it the correct way, not in recovery, but from the android settings menu.

1. First you need to turn off the device
2. Press the Volume Up + Power for a while
3. When the Android icon or Samsung logo appears on the display, stop pressing the buttons
4. Applying the Volume Setting, select the wipe data / restore factory settings item and confirm the selection by pressing the power on.
5. Then in the next level, select "Yes" - delete all user data. Adjust the Volume and confirm the menu selection by pressing Power on.
6. Confirm the system reboot menu item in the conclusion, to finish and reboot
7. Reset will complete after reboot
Wrong. This method is what locks up the phone as it’s still linked to the old account.

Your brother doesn’t know his email address and password? All you need to do is get logged in with his creds and then nuke it the correct way, not in recovery, but from the android settings menu.
No he does not - he has an ABI - Aquired Brain Injury someone else set it up. No idea..
@nlinecomputers that does not work either, nevermind just going to send if off to Samsung at some stage.

Last edited:
No he does not - he has an ABI - Aquired Brain Injury someone else set it up. No idea..
@nlinecomputers that does not work either, nevermind just going to send if off to Samsung at some stage.
Can you not access the accounts on the phone and see which email is used for google and/or samsung account? Then possibly login online and choose forgot password.

Back