[REQUEST] Real trouble locating an LCD cable for laptop.

Blue House Computer Help

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having real trouble locating an LCD cable for this laptop.

Device Model No. : HP Pavilion Laptop 14al119NA

Part no.: DD0G31LC011

For example, see this one.

Partsurfer doesn't even recognise the serial number or model number. I must be doing something wrong?

To add to the problem, I already attempted the repair but eBay had somehow slightly auto corrected the part number to a similar one that was almost exactly the same but has a different terminator on the LCD panel end, so he is currently working on an external monitor with no screen attached at all. Luckily, The laptop doesn't move from his desk, but it's still not a good situation.

Can anyone help me find this cable? The one above doesn't ship to the UK.

Maybe I should just replace the LCD to match the cable I've got.

DD0G31LC011
This isn't an HP part number. Enter the computer's serial # into HP PartSurfer and it will give you the real HP part numbers for every part. Then you can order it directly from HP or if they're out of stock it's easy to Google the HP part number and buy from any one of hundreds of third party sellers. Heck, you can even try eBay. But you won't get very far with that generic part number because nobody goes by that.

If HP PartSurfer doesn't recognize the serial # like you said, it's because you're not typing it in correctly. HP has the distressing habit of making the text almost the same exact color as the laptop/sticker it's on. If it's a modern one it'll have a QR code. Scan that. Alternatively go into the BIOS settings and get the serial # from there.

EDIT: You might have to choose "Serial Number" from the dropdown:

6B7ct1V.jpg

Last edited:
The last two letters, NA, usually indicate the country of origin. Specifically where it was initially sold. Doing a search for 14al119NA eventually lead me to the below. So it's most likely not a native US machine. You won't see it on Partsurfer unless you change the country to the correct country in the upper right. Also be aware that models sold through many mass retailers, aka clubs in the US, won't show parts. Is the part number off the label on the cable? It's not even close to what I've seen before but that was years ago.

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 6.49.26 PM.png

Thanks guys. @Markverhyden that was the final clue that I needed. Although I'm an American, I'm UK based, so I needed to select that from the country menu. Here's the link using the serial no.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/?searchtext=5CD70218qg

But, even now that I've found it on part surfer, I'm having trouble interpreting that into a part number for the cable.

However, that may be a moot point because I now have a photo of the actual tag on the cable.

IMG_3163.jpeg

However, searching for any of these only brings up a spanish langauge website in Mexico like THIS.

So does anyone have any ideas where else I might get this cable, hopefully UK or European based because I need to get it soon really.

The display panel cable is available using the following spare part numbers:
● 858822-001 – For use only on computer models equipped with an FHD TouchScreen display assembly
● 856201-001 – For use only on computer models equipped with an HD TouchScreen display assembly
● 856200-001 – For use only on computer models equipped with an HD non-TouchScreen display assembly

Wow, this has been a real education. I did find the part eventually, in Canada. There were lots of listings for the UK, but they were all out of stock. But they can ship it soon enough and the customer will just have to be happy with waiting I suppose.

@nlinecomputers Thanks for that. I wanted to figure out where to find them myself for the future, but the HP Manuals website is just showing an error about being unavailable currently. Is this the right place to search for them? https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-xp7-storage/7033826/manuals

Thanks all for your help.

Back