Problem with ie7

lazzo71

Reaction score
I am currentluy working on a laptop that I had to set up the internet connection for. Very basic stuff, however, internet explorer won't open. The laptop is brand spanking new, it runs Vista basic but only has 512mb RAM, I can't believe they sell them with onyl that amount of RAM for Vista.
Anyway, FF works but is also having problems and you have to keep closing it and restarting.
Do yuo guys feel this is a RAM issue? I have run the av and as software and it is clean, it is also new and has only been on the net a handful of times. I have updated windows but that won't get IE to go.
I reset IE to it's original settings and it opened the first time but won't open after that. I have eventried to open IE with no-add ons but that won't start either.
Please Help.

Vista tends to like a minimum of 1GB, if you have a 512MB stick of compatible RAM stick it in, if it works, then YEP its a RAM Issue.... lol

Have you tried shutting down all unnecessary services and programs that are running E.G. Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL?

for some reason Vista has loads running, my newest laptop had 65 progs running when i turned it on for the first time.

Also try shutting down some start up Apps >Start>Run. Type"MSCONFIG" then OK>startup.

It may work, its only a guess, but it has to be worth a try.:rolleyes:

Thanks Nathan,
I booted up in safe mode - network and IE worked there. I found out that it was conflicting with a program called omnipage se, which was a bundled software for a printer MFC.
I uninstalled it and IE now works.
Canon don't release discs yet that have Vista drivers on them so their XP stuff wreaks havoc on Vista and most of the stuff doesn't work!!!!

They should be called micro-canon-soft!!!!

Thanks Nathan,
I booted up in safe mode - network and IE worked there. I found out that it was conflicting with a program called omnipage se, which was a bundled software for a printer MFC.
I uninstalled it and IE now works.
Canon don't release discs yet that have Vista drivers on them so their XP stuff wreaks havoc on Vista and most of the stuff doesn't work!!!!

They should be called micro-canon-soft!!!!

Could you share where you found your issue lazzo?

I have a laptop I'm working on with a similar issue, although it's runnin 2 gb of RAM with vista. IE and Live Messenger hang completely on the system. Everything else runs very quickly including Firefox.

I've run out of ideas on this one. I've reset IE, safe mode loads both programs perfectly.

Back