Please rate and review my website!

Don't mean to be picky. You got the horizontal scroll at the bottom with all kinds of OEM logos. I'd guess you probably don't have permission from any of them to use their logo. So that's a whole bunch of copyright violations. Most likely you'll never hear from since they don't care too much about that stuff, as long as you don't malign them. But claiming you're an Apple ASP and you show up on Apple's radar will almost certainly invite a response from them.

Not a bad looking site. On your home page, the icons change when I click on them but they don't go anywhere, which to most users would be confusing. While they do look pretty, you might want to consider turning the animation off. Conversely, you might consider making the graphics on the top horizontal scroll area clickable and have them take the user to a page that gives more information about the particular fix.

Don't mean to be picky. You got the horizontal scroll at the bottom with all kinds of OEM logos. I'd guess you probably don't have permission from any of them to use their logo. So that's a whole bunch of copyright violations. Most likely you'll never hear from since they don't care too much about that stuff, as long as you don't malign them. But claiming you're an Apple ASP and you show up on Apple's radar will almost certainly invite a response from them.

I just checked my database, they aren't listed as an AASP anywhere.

FYI - By law, you need not request permission to use a trademark belonging to another if it is for an editorial or informational use. Just say'n.....

I could see just using the apple logo but putting a logo that includes "Apple Authorized Service Provider", or "Authorized Service Provider", or "Partner", etc is false advertising at the least.

I really like the design. I would take off the vendor logos - this actually confuses customers. Whilst it looks good for us tech's it can confuse the average joe who just wants someone local. Have them on a separate page.

• Footer also still says 2018.
  • Google + logo can now be removed :)

What theme did you use? Looks really good.

FYI - By law, you need not request permission to use a trademark belonging to another if it is for an editorial or informational use. Just say'n.....

Actually it's copyrighted materials not trademarked, I used the wrong term. Logos are typically trademarked. In the context the OP is using them they'd loose in court since it's a website for a profit seeking business. But it does depend on the company. We all know Apple are total pr!ck$ when it comes to things like that, their rules are very strict. In the past I've looked at some of the others OEM's and their rules are not near as strict. Basically if you don't imply or claim you are an ASP or licensee they don't care too much.

Now doing something like "we repair computer brands such as Dell, HP, Apple, etc" is completely legit. You could even use things like iMac or Probook in text like "we specialize in non-warranty repair of....". It's also important to drop in a disclaimer on the website that the trademarks belong to their respective owners, blah, blah, blah.

Remember that the copyright and/or trademark holder can file a complaint with the website host about a violation and the website would be taken offline. Your guilty until proven innocent. It's happened before.

I really like the design. I would take off the vendor logos - this actually confuses customers. Whilst it looks good for us tech's it can confuse the average joe who just wants someone local. Have them on a separate page.

• Footer also still says 2018.
  • Google + logo can now be removed :)

What theme did you use? Looks really good.

This is based off of the Avada theme for Wordpress, I love this theme and use it for 90% of my website design projects. LOL about Google + I updated those after your comment :p

Back