Outlook crashing for a large amount of my clients.

I just got done undoing all the disabled updates, I now have Version 2006 (Build 13001.20384) running on several machines happily.

I had 17 calls on this and I just told most to wait, then I got emails back from clients it fixed itself around 5:00 EST. I got this issue myself around 2:00 and did the cmd fix and then that failed, did a quick repair and that worked. Then it fixed itself apparently.

You need to roll back the version.

Sample scripts below:

I've got a fix, after this hit several of our clients. Performing a rollback fixed it, must be a bad office update. open cmd, run:

cd “\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun”

then:

officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.6366.2062

EDIT: u/peEtr had success as well, with a more recent version (June24th). Change the second command to:

officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12827.20470

For office 2019:
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12730.20352

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Works for us. You can also consolidate it to one command:

"%Programfiles%\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12827.20470

We're pushing it out thru PDQDeploy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you want to do this behind the scenes and force the Office apps to close, also in one line.

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12827.20470 displaylevel=false forceappshutdown=true

Back