Nightmare Laptops from Hell

Looks a lot like plastic melted with acetone.
It's a good homemade glue for plastic ;-)
Well, my J-B Weld didn't last long. I thought I'd better test the whole assembly for fit and the J-B Weld sheared off. So now I'm trying Shoe Goop, which I have found to be the strongest plastic bonding material in tests I performed while making my clean chamber. It's indestructible once dry but messy to work with.

Well, my J-B Weld didn't last long. I thought I'd better test the whole assembly for fit and the J-B Weld sheared off. So now I'm trying Shoe Goop, which I have found to be the strongest plastic bonding material in tests I performed while making my clean chamber. It's indestructible once dry but messy to work with.

Where did the failure occur?

The problem goes beyond what adhesive someone chooses.

We had that happen a few times when we first did this procedure. What we found that helped prevent this is to take a Dremel and rough up the area where the epoxy will be in contact.
Not 100% but if that doesn't work - bolts and nuts.

Personally I only glue those nuts if it's only 1 or 2 or half or less. Say the hinge has 4 screws and two broke. I'll glue that. But if 3 or all 4 broke then my only offer is the replace the base or top wherever the damage is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 while driv ik gndjfhd

But if 3 or all 4 broke then my only offer is the replace the base or top wherever the damage is.
There is only one listed on eBay and it's in China. If the repair isn't stronger than the original, I'll have to order it but I am confident that won't be necessary.

I've done some personal repairs with a homemade mixture of acetone + ABS plastic. If the broken parts are also ABS or the like, the mixture really stick into it and reinforce the whole assembly (cold-welded).

Just had a Panasonic toughbook c-53. Needed a replacement lcd. #1 issue, LCD glued all the way around to the bezel. #2 used the model numbers off a jpeg the customer sent, ordered the one recommended, tuned out there a "few" that use a CCFL 30 pin screen that is totally unavailable. and that would be the one I got.

Macbook Pro 13 2017 is a bad laptop, keyboard and performance is terrible.

Back