Music comps while you work

I can relate to the issue of analyzing the music and not just listening. I can't listen to much music while I work without getting distracted. When I do I usually prefer classical or video game soundtracks, particularly The Elder Scrolls soundtracks. Video game music is made to help you focus better you know. The Lofi Girl hip hop beats playlists are my go to right now however. I can put those on whenever and they just help me relax and tune into whatever I'm doing.

Caught this one today an awesome pirate chanty.

Imagine sailing and hearing this in the distance but seeing nothing until they are upon you.

Plenty of stations here @GTP

Plenty of stations here @GTP

Trouble is these are all commercial so plenty of ads between songs. Many of these (if not all?) are currently in the .m3u lists I already have.
The largest list has 4285 stations 95% of which are just continual music - no ads.

Same here. But, there is actively listening to music for it's own sake and enjoyment, and "listening" to a soothing or pleasant background. (With soothing and/or pleasant being very personally idiosyncratic choices).

I do, at least on occasion, engage in the second sort. And, if you want to count having music on while driving, I probably do way more of the second sort than the first.
mmmm

Nice beat, interesting sound but the lead singer cant sing for ***!
Definitely hasn't got a voice that suits the music style.
The drummer looks so bored like he'd rather be somewhere else.

Edit: If you ignore the poor vocal and close your eyes while you listen to the music its very "T-Rex" sounding with the "choogling" guitar riffs and heavy drum beat.

Last edited:
Music is something I need in my life honestly lol. When I drive in my car I rather hear the noise from outside or listen to a podcast. But when I do listen to some music it's gonna be 90's and early 2000's music, R&B and rap.
So I guess your nickname refers to Cypress Hill right ?
I love hip hop music from this era too. Then I feel less like some kind of alien here ;)
Since I'm not working alone in the office, I rarely play those tunes while I'm at work. Also, this can be quite disturbing while coding!
In my case, that's mostly for car rides.

Last edited:
We have a 55" smart TV in every room at our office.
Often have various things going on in the background....but in my room that I share with one of our guys, we'll often have either some cooking YouTube channels going (like Wilderness Cooking, or Men with the Pot, or if in a raunchy mood we'll chuckle at Zo's kitchen). Once or twice a month when Gamazda comes out with a new tune on the piano we'll play it a few rounds.

But music wise, I'll go through various blues and rock, mostly classic rock, and lately, (thanks to watching Yellowstone)...I've gotten into more traditional country music like Ryan Bingham, or Chris Stapleton.

So I guess your nickname refers to Cypress Hill right ?
I love hip hop music from this era too. Then I feel less like some kind of alien here ;)
Since I'm not working alone in the office, I rarely play those tunes while I'm at work. Also, this can be quite disturbing while coding!
In my case, that's mostly for car rides.
lol while I love Cypress Hill my name is def not based on them. Just always liked the word itself and the tree itself lol. I always get that though, so I go with it! haha

Back