Motherboard comparable to Asus Pro WS W480-ACE

Flea77

Reaction score
It seems my favorite workstation board has been discontinued and is no longer in stock anywhere. There also is no replacement (according to Asus they are deciding on whether or not to create a W680 board). This really puts me in a bind as that is my go-to board for workstation and small server builds. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good replacement?

I always selected the Asus workstation boards because I have never actually had one fail and have been installing them for years all over the place. I probably put 50 of them in the field and their record is perfect (I know, probably shot myself in the foot right there).

Requirements:
Intel chipset
10th, 11th, or 12th gen CPU, mainly i7
Onboard Intel RAID, two M.2s and 2 SATAs minimum in two mirrored RAIDs
Onboard video support
High-quality board, I don't mind paying for it, but it needs to be high-end components
Support for Windows Server 2022 (drivers)

I would prefer NOT to have boards with things I would have to disable like WIFI and LEDs. That doesn't mean I won't consider a board just because it has WIFI, but I would really prefer it not have things I have to disable right off the bat.

Thanks!

I'm sorry, I am confused. Are you saying that support for the latest server OS (that has been out five months) is an odd request?

Well you asked for a workstation motherboard, not a server motherboard. So yes, I'd be surprised to find a lot of workstation motherboards with drivers for a server OS.

Back