Mobile Repair

forkontheleft

Reaction score
is mobile repair still profitable? I see a lot of repair shops for phones, but they also seem to have closed up some of them as they don’t appear on every corner.

Does anyone do mobile repair? Do you just do mobile repair, or do you offer other services with that?

NO CELL PHONE REPAIR ANY MORE - did it for about three years but 1) poor quality replacement parts 2) minimal profit 3) very cost competitive 4) everyone is doing it and 5) don't like customers hanging about while we work on them. Only did Iphones - too many other models - hard to keep parts in stock.

Makes sense, thanks for the comments.

The thing is if you break the phone you’ll have to give him a new one and when you see some stores doing 20€ for a display (very poor quality) and the customers only comparing prices its easy to give up

And with phones becoming increasingly more expensive, the risk increases imho. I sure don't want to replace a thousand dollar phone. And you can't really keep every possible model and part in stock at any given time.

Risky and not profitable. Leave it to someone else.

But I don't really do hardware repairs as it is. Sure, I'll replace a part if it's a desktop or a laptop with easy access. Fat chance of me attempting to pop the lid on an ultrabook though.

iPhone is a very easy phone to repair, with the right tools, the key is sticking to a brand and only work on it, that way you can maximize profit, stock and expirience

More and more phones are designed with planned obsolescence, where they are designed to be difficult / impossible to repair so you have to buy a new one

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Back