Marketing thoughts

Fred Claus

Reaction score
The email marketing system I use allows me to do two options. 1. I can connect to a landing page that I create to collect information. 2. I can add a button that will send an email reply to an address.

Is there any general rule of Marketing that says a landing page is better than a direct email from the prospect?

My vote is for the landing page. Doing anything via email has too many places that could break things. Not the least of which is the mailto: directive which could fail on an alien machine unless they've figured out someway to redirect it to the current webmail page that they are logged into.

Landing page. But that’s only getting them into the funnel. They have to sign up or do something to let you collect name, phone, and or email.

It depends on what you're selling and to whom you're selling it. It is not quite clear from the question what kind of advertising campaign you are planning. Mailing lists work well for existing loyal customers. For new ones, it's better to use a landing page.

Back