[SOLVED] Manually update Essentials Dashboard?

HCHTech

Reaction score
What is the latest version of the Essentials Dashboard when running on Server 2012R2? Can you manually update it - I don't see a way.

I'm having trouble joining a new Win10 box to this domain (http://server/connect doesn't resolve even when manually pointing the DNS to the server. I can join it through the system properties box, but then, of course, it doesn't show up in the essentials dashboard. Since this is the first Win10 computer at this site, I'm wondering if I need to update the dashboard - it is currently v6.3 (Build 9600)...

No - I didn't resort to the IP - that may have worked. Don't know why the update to 1803 "made it work", although a couple of reboots were mixed in there too...

...and.....it's broken again, slightly differently this time. Same client. New workstation with Win10 Pro 1803 all updates. I can run the connector just fine, it hangs for a while towards the end, but reports successful completion. The computer IS joined to the domain, but the system tray icon is never added and the computer doesn't get added to the essentials dashboard. I'm more and more surprised these days when something actually works the first time. With Windows 10, I just assume something will be broken.

Back