Macbook Pro about 2015 i5, trackpad nor USB mouse working

johnrobert

Reaction score
Reset Pram

Installed Win 10 to check.
trackpad nor mouse works even during setup also installed Catalina same thing it must be a board issue

I believe on those you can also reset SMC, I can't recall what it does, but besides PRAM/NVRAM those are top two resets.

Do the fans go high-speed right away? Any bulging near trackpad indicating battery is swollen?

You say mouse doesn't work but keyboard does? That's odd. What about USB Flash drive?

Probably a bad trackpad flex cable, try disconnecting and use a usb mouse, if it works replace the flex cable and you should be fine

Attachments

• IMG_2827.jpeg
    IMG_2827.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Could be related to a bad battery that has swollen and putting pressure on trackpad.
Pretty sure that's what it is " bad battery that has swollen and putting pressure on trackpad."
it was recently stored in a freezing cold room and it works but I have to press very hard maybe the cold reduced the pressure
I tried to take the battery out but can't find my trilobe screwdriver I ordered a new set a week ago to get into a Macbook Air might be awhile from China
laptop belongs to me so no hurry, battery is good and holds charge after a week, no sign of bulging on top
buts that's the only thing it can be
Does not make sense putting cross screws to take back off then needing a special trilobe screwdriver, why do I hate Apple

Many thanks for the help

The screwdriver set came today where the trilobe were supposed to be they were Phillips and no trilobe anyway out of the 150-bit kit I managed to get the battery out
it's an after-market battery with very slight swelling but that was the problem all is working well laptop was thrown away for a simple problem like so many

Thanks again for the help did not expect it to be so simple

Back