Long overdue new website design

jzukerman

Reaction score
I had hired a local web designer to come up with a new design for my business website a couple years back. I put the design on the back shelf to focus on items in my business, but now I'm ready to get this design on the web. It's a Wordpress site. I tried to keep the amount of images and text low (I can be too verbose) so as not to overburden the site. I am not sure what I could do about the stock images in the slider on the main page. Not sure what to put there, to be honest, other than what I have. I'll be dropping the /wordpress/ once I'm satisfied that the site looks good and works good. Thanks for any advice.

http://www.snowpondtech.com/wordpress/

edit: I have a plugin installed for mobile browsers too. I've tested from Android. Would be nice if someone could comment from iOS.

Last edited:
I second @Slaters Kustum Machines on the phone. Make that more visible and attractive. Visitors must see that within the first few seconds, just after seeing the services you offer (the slide show).

Why not closer to the logo? Don't forget that when you visit a website, you usually start reading from the left hand side - top... moving downwards. And the tendency is to focus on the things that are on the left hand side the more you scroll downwards.

Why not closer to the logo? Don't forget that when you visit a website, you usually start reading from the left hand side - top... moving downwards. And the tendency is to focus on the things that are on the left hand side the more you scroll downwards.
I'd have to contact my web designer for that change as it is beyond my skills. I'll keep that in mind though.
Much better. Are the font settings different for your phone number at the top and the rest of the text? If so I would make the phone number larger yet. You want it very easy to find.
Yes, separate styles in the stylesheet. Done.

My .02....I agree with @Slaters Kustum Machines the contact phone number needs to be MUCH larger.
Also, I'm very pedantic about spelling and grammar (although I'm no expert and get things wrong all the time!) but there are several areas, may I suggest, that need proofreading and correction. Example : On the "Computer Repair" page it states: Computer not booting up correct? Should be "Computer not booting up [correctly?"]
These (little) things detract from the "professionalism" you're trying to portray. IMHO

No offense, but the overall style of the website feels ancient. That was how my website felt around 2004. If you're upgrading from a 90's style website then this is an improvement, but your competition is likely going to have a more up to date feeling site unless you're in the middle of bumf*ck.

My .02....I agree with @Slaters Kustum Machines the contact phone number needs to be MUCH larger.
Also, I'm very pedantic about spelling and grammar (although I'm no expert and get things wrong all the time!) but there are several areas, may I suggest, that need proofreading and correction. Example : On the "Computer Repair" page it states: Computer not booting up correct? Should be "Computer not booting up [correctly?"]
These (little) things detract from the "professionalism" you're trying to portray. IMHO
I edited the page. Any other pages?

Back