kb4489878 anyone seeing problems with it?

YeOldeStonecat

Reaction score
This week seeing a few computers that will hang on installing updates (for over 30 or 45 minutes)...force a reboot into safe mode or just a reboot and it will come up fine. Look at recent installed updates and see this one failed..sometimes twice in a row, often 2nd or 3rd time it will install.

Not seen anything thus far with my rollouts, wondering if it was an on-release issue? (I usually delay a little bit to avoid the inevitable breakage so that could be why I'm not seeing it.)

The only odd thing I've had on Windows updates lately is the 1809 upgrade, it seems to be eating the wifi profiles on anything with an Intel wifi card on it, units reboot and complete just fine they just won't get back on the network until someone tells them how.

Not seen anything thus far with my rollouts, wondering if it was an on-release issue? (I usually delay a little bit to avoid the inevitable breakage so that could be why I'm not seeing it.)

It disappeared...haven't seen it since few days after this posting. I saw it on a few unmanaged computers..and I held back in our patch management so our patched clients didnt' get it (we don't push patches until Thu/Fri...at least 2 days after release..just for this reason.

The only odd thing I've had on Windows updates lately is the 1809 upgrade, it seems to be eating the wifi profiles on anything with an Intel wifi card on it, units reboot and complete just fine they just won't get back on the network until someone tells them how.

Haven't seen that...but I am always updating the drivers from the manu before pushing in the Win10 upgrade.

1903 won't see a single supported endpoint of mine until this Fall, I'm always 6 months behind.

Back