Jobs involving Networking

Kiwwa

Reaction score
I'm doing a course known as the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) and REALLY enjoying the study, getting to work in lab's that simulate networking routing across whatever distance gap you could imagine... Within reason of course :cool:

Anyway, is anybody here involved in the Networking industry, have their CCNA, CCSP, CCNP or even CCIE (i'll be REALLY surpirsed if someone has the last one, but hey, it could happen) and what kinda jobs have you worked doing, did you find it fufilling, did it pay well? :cool:

Generaly networkers get paid a fair whack if fully qualified so you should do well, especially with Cisco qualification. If you start your own business then the world is your MAC Address...no wait

Believe me, networkers will be needed in the near future.

Anyway, I only have my CCNA1, working at CCNA2 now so I'm still pretty much a rookie at networking I believe.

u r in the right track

hi friend , i guess u r in the right track but do ur best i have CCNA and im an instructor for it , so if u need any thing just consult me ;)
--Diaa

Yes, there will be an endless number of posistions in the networking field, and if you have a moderate knowledge of computer hardware, you could possibly get a job in a big corporation. My Digital Imagin teacher was telling us about a job she had in a hospital, she was always on call, but you would never have to worry about hours, and the pay is decent. Now, if you would like to work in a child environment, you could always look into school districts and maybe get a county job going out to schools, even if you just want to begin as a resume builder.

In Canada, they have a company called "Geek Squad" that installs your network and shows you how it works for money. This is the type of job you could do. The possibilities are endless.

I have just started out in IT well I started out last year in August.

Finding a Job was hard at first without any experience but i eventually got one. Currently Im doing a but of helpdesk and network support, I think its great and do enjoy it, you do have to put up with a lot of grief on the helpdesk with various users wanting their computer fixed "right now" and saying "every since you fixed my computer it now does this" but that comes with the job.

My company are also paying for my Microsoft Exams and study materials, I think that is great because i can study and also learn on the job.

Getting your foot in the door is the hardest thing but once your there, get your head down and learn, take training manuals home with you and do the best you can at your job.

At first the money for me is ok but with experience it will rise.

Back