Jessa Jones CORRECTS Apple on data recovery and gets BANNED!

Smack them and say you're not the boss of me? I've got news for this lady... that culture she wants to change? That *IS* Apple.

It's ALWAYS been Apple... and I see no evidence of that ever changing.

Which is why I do not patronize them. I support Apple when required, but I will not personally own it. And I point out things like this to every Apple user that asks why I have an all PC / Android operation.

And I point out things like this to every Apple user that asks why I have an all PC / Android operation.
While I don't disagree that Apple does lots of heavy handed things like this, doesn't mean that Google and Microsoft are not saints by comparison.

In spite of what Apple fantasizes they have always had some of the worst customer service in the industry. The problem is that with Job's success with the mobile stuff, iPod, then iPad, and then iPhone, they've completely forgotten that is the attitude than nearly killed them before. But because this is Jobsonian mantra they can't/won't question it.

It's sad but after 35 years I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore Apple products. Certainly not computers. I can understand some of their challenges, especially back when they were struggling. But the whole spares and repair stupidity, which has been ongoing since the beginning with no change is beyond ridiculous.

I bought a top of the line MBP Retina, (some $3700) back in '15 or so. Several months ago it croaked on me. Called up Apple, completely willing to pay for the repair since it was beyond Apple Care. I was informed, politely, that they could not help me as the machine was considered a legacy computer. So they did not carry parts for it anymore. To add insult to injury they, politely of course, offered me some suggestions for local repair. After several minutes she provided me with 3 names. Having only heard of one of them, a shady looking store front, I asked her how they got these names. Mind you she knew this was board level work. After several evasive replies I figured out all they do is google Apple repair <insert your area> and give the customer the top hits. One of mine was a cart in a mall and all he did was replace glass.

I bought a top of the line MBP Retina, (some $3700) back in '15 or so. Several months ago it croaked on me. Called up Apple, completely willing to pay for the repair since it was beyond Apple Care. I was informed, politely, that they could not help me as the machine was considered a legacy computer. So they did not carry parts for it anymore. To add insult to injury they, politely of course, offered me some suggestions for local repair. After several minutes she provided me with 3 names. Having only heard of one of them, a shady looking store front, I asked her how they got these names. Mind you she knew this was board level work.
I wonder if there's anyone who does board level repairs for Apple products? Maybe someone who does it nationally. If there was someone, I don't know, say in NYC or something, wonder how they might generate publicity??

I wonder if there's anyone who does board level repairs for Apple products? Maybe someone who does it nationally. If there was someone, I don't know, say in NYC or something, wonder how they might generate publicity??

LOL!!!

Yes, Louis did a bang up job doing the board level repair. But I would have been much happier if it had been an replacement logic board from an OEM approved source. I sincerely doubt that the stock of spare parts Apple had for this "legacy" machine got beamed off world by Scotty.

While I don't disagree that Apple does lots of heavy handed things like this, doesn't mean that Google and Microsoft are not saints by comparison.

I never said they were, but when I get a PC, I can install whatever OS I want on it, and I can upgrade components to keep it in service for close to, if not a bit longer than a decade. I can't do that with Apple hardware.

With Google owned Android devices, there are supported alternate operating systems that aren't owned by Google I can use too. Not to mention the huge ecosystem that's sprung up around Android, that provides even more choice.

Apple provides no choice... they are a vertical monopoly. We've learned through history why this is bad. I will not support them if I have any say in the matter.

The Apple hardware supply and Apple attitude are a real pain, but you actually can install a number of OS's on Apple hardware. Linux and Windows have installed just fine in my experience. In fact, my router is an old Macbook running Untangle.

The Apple hardware supply and Apple attitude are a real pain, but you actually can install a number of OS's on Apple hardware. Linux and Windows have installed just fine in my experience. In fact, my router is an old Macbook running Untangle.

Only with the Intel chips. Windoze never ran on PPC but there were several Linux distros that did. One I remember was Yellow Dog.

That's just *nix lag, 8th and 9th generation support in Debian Linux will finally be available in the next version. I believe Ubuntu nonLTS already has it.
I am a Windows only person. I could not tell you much about linux past a boot disk or 2 I have.

The worst thing I saw in this video is in the beginning when she is showing pictures on facebook and I noticed she is still using Internet Explorer.

Back