[REQUEST] Is my website too plain?

TAPtech

Reaction score
Would love to get my website roasted by you guys :D

I'm being more and more proactive with adding content to the site, and just recently signed up for the Technibble articles which I recommend to all Technibblers!

Please give me some honest feedback if you don't mind:

http://taptechit.com

its looking good. The blog posts look good and some good topics covered. I have found blog posts doing wonders for my page and newsletters are good too.

I'd add an About Us page to give visitors a bit about you and your company or your story.
Also add your contact us form on the Outsourced IT page - it seems to be on all others but not this one.

Looks and works great! I assume you don't include your street address on purpose. That's the only thing that seems missing. Adding a few pictures would also be worth considering, to make it personable.

Thank you both! I'll take care of that Outsourced IT page, and it seems like the consensus is to add a good "About us" page to make it personable. Very good comments, thank you thank you!

The website isn't bad, but that domain name has to go. When I first saw it, I could've sworn it said "tape sh*t" or "tap sh*t." My recommendation would be to stay with a .com but add the two letters of your abbreviated state to the end of it or something.

I wouldn't say it's too plain. I think a clean look is actually more modern. Too much going on is the worst thing you can do to a website.

I will say, your content seems a bit thin. The blog posts look good, but your main landing pages should have around 1000+ keywords each if you want google to take them seriously. 300 words is a bare minimum, but I've found that pages with 1000-2000 words really rank well.

You can hide the extra content in some accordion boxes so as to not add too much additional length to the look of it.

Last edited:
Not everyone has a face as lovable as yours Larry. ;)
ROTFLMAO. My face probably scares off more customers than it attracts. Besides, I know better than to put it on my website. People sometimes ask me if the picture I do have on my home page is of me, and I tell them, "I never looked that handsome on my best day." :)

Was going through some old threads and checked out this site. Just wanted to say thats a really nice site @TAPtech
Ticks just about all the boxes that you'd want in a site. The only thing I'd change is adding a phone number field to your contact form at the bottom (in case their email IS the problem).

Back